Post by Poopstick
And from what I got from that thread in the French forum, a policeman can't take your phone to see what's in there during a control. And it's not a law, it's a regulation, since they know such a ban would unconstitutional since citizens have the right to share informations. People who were cought making light signals to drivers on the opposite lane to warn them of speed traps always won.
Poopstick
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
I know it is probably the ability to, that they are legislating...

But maybe as a stopgap, you turn off the display of the human based reports (hazards, police, chit chat). Yes you can still access them, but it can show that you at least attempted to not take advantage of it.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by rapierski
Want to close waze with one button?

Press 'sleep' button on your device. When during control someone asks you to turn it on you can do it if you wish.

I know how stressful police checks can be and I know that even a simple thing like the unlock code can be easily forgotten at that moment ;-]

... Just a thought
rapierski
Send a message

Post by Seasider
Hi guys, I used to travel all over europe (and further) as part as part of my job, and I had a very fancy sat nav unit, which had speedcam locations on it.
I took advice from a solicitor and a policeman who told me that as long as you turn off the speed camera option then you are complying with the law.
An earlier poster was asking about a one touch app off button, why? Surely just put waze into the background using the home button, and as already had been said the police have no right to look at your phone in the first place, so job done :?::?:
Seasider
Send a message
Seasider

Sometimes, the light at the end of the tunnel, is just a train coming the other way!!!

Client - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Jellybean
AM - Lancs UK (most of)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Seasider1972
Emyther - waze.map.update.lancs@gmail.com

Post by Shaigan
The law says :
During 4 km long, there is an alert on freeways to say there is a danger inside
During 2 km long, there is an alert on off-town roads to say there is a danger inside
During 300 m long, there is an alert on city-roads to say there is a danger inside

A danger could be a speedlimit change, a speedtrap, a big turn... But, the words "speedtrap" and "police" are now forbidden in a navigation system; and the position can't be mentionned, it should be an interval, a distance where the "danger" inside (4km, 2km or 300m in function of the road type)
Shaigan
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
[ Shaigan & Cie | Facebook | Twitter ]
[ France Country Manager (Lv5) | Waze Android sur Google Pixel 6 ]

Post by Shaigan
rapierski wrote:Want to close waze with one button?

Press 'sleep' button on your device. When during control someone asks you to turn it on you can do it if you wish.

I know how stressful police checks can be and I know that even a simple thing like the unlock code can be easily forgotten at that moment ;-]

... Just a thought
+1

In France, the police has not the right to ask you something in you car, even in your phone. It is a Private Property. For Waze to be given illegal, the police must see you using Waze during a speedtrap alert (how to say "flagrant délit" in english ?).
So, yes, in France now, Waze is illegal if the speedtrap alert is set to ON, but nobody in the police can catch you doing something illegal... This law is unapplicable...
Shaigan
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
[ Shaigan & Cie | Facebook | Twitter ]
[ France Country Manager (Lv5) | Waze Android sur Google Pixel 6 ]

Post by shirlig
Hi guys,
We have recently addressed this issue.
I have previously mentioned in the French forum that as a global worldwide company, we don't have adaptations for specific countries.
However, wazers who are willing to do so can select which elements will not be displayed on the map. This option can be found in the app's map setting.

Thanks,
Shirli
shirlig
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
If we lose French users we lose the main contributors to the Papyrus Extended Tools! :o ;)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator