Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Cheat!!

Post by JulioRamosCR
I'm just wonder if is possible to cheat on Waze??

Not cos´ I want to, but cos´ I´m working hard on doing driving, editing and all that and my points are almost the same, but others user have amazing numbers!!
JulioRamosCR

POSTER_ID:3331013

Send a message
Yulauz
Waze running on: Iphone 4
Area Manager: Santa Bárbara, Heredia, Costa Rica.
Group: New Hope.

Post by FocusRS1
no matter what app you have there will be cheats it will happen lol
FocusRS1
Send a message

Post by GeSpot
Yeah, I've got a guy that 3-4 times a day, marks a cop, object in road, vehicle on the side of the road, and a traffic jam in front of his house. He does it in the morning, before and after lunch, and then when he gets home.

I've commented a few times, telling him to stop reporting non-existant items, but it does no good. Not much can be done about this.
GeSpot
Send a message
Quicker answers: Place location/version info in your profile!
Waze WikiForum FAQCurrent StatusKnown Issues

Georgia Based Country Manager
Waze v3.2.2.0 - iPhone 5, iOS 6.0

[img]https:///NAd0K[/img]

Post by Grid64
yippeekyaa wrote:I've seen tracks that could only have been made from an airplane. Like these.

https://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6& ... FTTTTTTTTT
As much as this doesn't help Waze, it's pretty interesting to see how airplanes travel on the runway of the airport. You can see how the planes come and go on the runway as well.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by iron_eric
There is always someone who will do this, no matter what you try to implement.

Just keep working and you will know that you deserve your points because you worked to earn them :)
iron_eric
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
yippeekyaa wrote:Some knucklehead is trying to pave roads at the Atlanta airport.
https://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4& ... TTTTFTTTTT
There's an employee at MSY who paves roads all over the Tarmac. He must be a baggage handler or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
ginesi wrote:no matter what app you have there will be cheats it will happen lol
The main concern is the damage that can be done by cheating here. The senior editors are now spending more time scrutinizing the edits of newer users than we are editing.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
celyea wrote:Perhaps users could report abusers and points could be deleted. That would solve the problem.
Without special tools, it can be difficult to distinguish between an abuser and someone who has a lot of time on their hands and does a lot of editing. Sometimes it's pretty blatant and in that case, it gets handled by the Administrators pretty quickly.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I wouldn't be too concerned about a person getting too many points for reporting hazards. The number of points you get from them is insignificant and after you've reported a few in a short period of time, you don't get any more points for them. If the hazard is legitimate, it shouldn't be a problem.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by JulioRamosCR
Thanks David, now is clear for me. It´s not cheat but there´re different ways to play durty if you want to. :(
JulioRamosCR
Send a message
Last edited by JulioRamosCR on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yulauz
Waze running on: Iphone 4
Area Manager: Santa Bárbara, Heredia, Costa Rica.
Group: New Hope.