Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by JulioRamosCR
I completely agree!!
JulioRamosCR
Send a message
Yulauz
Waze running on: Iphone 4
Area Manager: Santa Bárbara, Heredia, Costa Rica.
Group: New Hope.

Post by JulioRamosCR
yippeekyaa wrote:I've seen tracks that could only have been made from an airplane. Like these.

https://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6& ... FTTTTTTTTT
That´s what I mean!! :o
JulioRamosCR
Send a message
Yulauz
Waze running on: Iphone 4
Area Manager: Santa Bárbara, Heredia, Costa Rica.
Group: New Hope.

Post by ksilver
I have often wondered how some users can generate a huge amount (say 20000 - 50000) points a week. I always have waze on and travel c 30,000 miles per year and have mapped out most of the towns in NE Scotland over the last year and a half but never generated anything close to those sort of points. Recently I have seen several users fly past me in the points rankings, they cant all be country managers.
On average I reckon I have averaged about 20,000 points per month what do you need to do to generate that or more in a week, which seems to be quite common?
ksilver
Send a message

Post by maantje76
Lots of free time ;)

But experienced editors can make, let me say 500-1000 edits in an hour during regular editting. 500-1000 edits delivers you also 1 or 2 candies of 750 points. So 1 hour of editting brings 1250-2500 points.

So if you are editting 8 hours a day, yes there are people doing that, brings you 10.000-20000 points a day.

Keep in mind these points are just points. Edit the map to improve it, not for worthless points. That gives you a much better feeling ;)
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by mbahcis
I never think about scores and levels. Just drive and try to be helpful guy and this apps will be helpfull on your route
mbahcis
Send a message

Post by Mr_GO_HERD
I mark potholes in my town everytime I drive. Huntington, WV isnt good about fixing them so they are always there. Im not not going to mark them. Its not my fault that my city doesnt fix them and its also not my fault that Waze only leaves up hazard notifications for like only 15 minutes or whatever short anount of time it is. If another user doesnt agree that its there then its gone. If i drive by it again or later that day Im going to mark it again.
Mr_GO_HERD
Send a message
Mapping from the plains of Illinois to the mountains of West Virginia!
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406 ... 146710.jpg

Post by psychojr
Perhaps users could report abusers and points could be deleted. That would solve the problem.
psychojr
Send a message

Post by pulsarxp
I 2-3 nights a week, 14-16 hours to edit. We work to editors around 100 steps, and save. Save do not look forward to doing again in a another window of about 100 construction. And so it turns doing it.
So I can do it for a week around 20,000 points. ;)
pulsarxp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://sign.waze.tools/images/signatures/cones-6.png
Country manager: Hungary
Hardware: Samsung S9 Plus : Android 9.0.0
Car: Peugeot 206 SW

Post by RallyChris
Another issue with putting non public access roads on the map, is that possibly due to the location of the pin in bing,google,etc. One of the access roads may be closer than the public road, and cause weird routing issues.

Had that happen at PDX with the base import.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by sergya
What about getting more than 100 000 points in one day? It's definitely cheating, and it looks pretty bad :(
sergya
Send a message