How about a Carpool vs. non-Carpool feature?

Post by billbrietstout
Sometimes I carpool and sometimes I don't have a passenger. A carpool lane makes a big difference in the route I take and the time it takes. The congested routes have carpool lanes and waze directs me to congested routes.

What about a button for best route for when you're carpooling and when you're not?
billbrietstout

POSTER_ID:5619255

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze doesn't yet have the ability to identify a carpool lane. Many carpool lanes are just part of the main roadway, so it's usefulness is limited to those locations where the carpool lane is a separate roadway, somewhat like an express lane which bypasses exits.

Carpool lanes are a feature Waze is considering for the future.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by berrydrvr
Why not put a carpool button we could switch on if we're in the carpool lane? You could then differentiate the speeds, etc.
berrydrvr
Send a message

Post by eaug025
I agree. As a driver in the Los Angeles area it is very critical to know the difference between a regualr lane speed and a carpool lane. Often the times are misleading since Waze does not account for that difference.

I would like to see the feature to differentiate between the speed of traveling in "normal" or carpool lanes.
eaug025
Send a message

photojon
Send a message