Number of local Wazers at rush hour

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Re: Number of local Wazers at rush hour

Postby Scorp42 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:30 pm

palmerit wrote:In my hometown, I usually never see more than 5-10. The city north of me where I work, I see ~35ish

Waze usage is growing locally. Just now, 33 in my home city. Up from 5-10 when I first posted. In the city north of me, I saw 92 on Friday. Up from 35ish on avg.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42

Postby dmcconachie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:29 pm

benjaminkleung wrote:newbie question.. How do you check how many wazers are around in the app?

You move to the US!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie

Postby Kuhlkatz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:23 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Usually I leave the office around 4am & there is always less than 100 usually less than 50...

4am ? These are likely the diehards verifying edits or gobbling new roads while the spouses are asleep... ;)
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:28 pm

fvwazing wrote:I think the default is lower than that, and for an estimation it is necessary to move and zoom a lot. Can't wait to see stats in INTL as well!

I believe this is the relevant line:
uploadfromtaptalk1345120016065.jpg
(21.11 KiB) Downloaded 1743 times

petervdveen wrote:Is it possible to remove this maximum and see all of them?

Probably not

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie

Postby MReiser » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:26 pm

jenncard wrote:I thought new yorkers don't drive...?

That may be true to a certain extent (especially Manhattan), but it is so densely populated the number should really be higher. I would think 8 million people within the 5 boroughs & 22 million in the metro area would yield more than 900 Wazers? Not sure, however, whether they have some kind of radius count or if it's a cumulative number for an entire metro area?

Posted via Tapatalk
MReiser
State Manager
State Manager

Postby MReiser » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:30 pm

Spil wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
wl02703 wrote:How do you see the amount of Wazers in your area? Or is it another NA server thing.

Shortly after starting Waze, where the ETA would show when navigating, a small popup will appear for a short time. It is only a NA thing, I think due to definition of "metro areas" from something I read recently.

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 27#p101027

Is this perhaps yet another cool iPhone toy that we underprivileged droiders don't get to play with? Or is it something open only to big-city areas?

I'm an Android user and the data shows up on my phone. It must be a metro area statistic.

At 5:30pm yesterday, I saw the highest number for the Philadelphia area...489 Wazers. I think I'm going to obsess over tbis number every day now. :ugeek: :ugeek:

Posted via Tapatalk
Last edited by MReiser on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MReiser
State Manager
State Manager

Re: Number of local Wazers at rush hour

Postby foxitrot » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:10 am

Zathris wrote:Though one congested corridor I saw was difficult to read due to all tue wazers and traffic jam reports in the area.

It is anytime possible to selectively hide any of them. But it is not possible to show them, if the system is not willing to cooperate.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Zathris » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:36 am

It is definitely nice to see wazers on the map again. Though one congested corridor I saw was difficult to read due to all tue wazers and traffic jam reports in the area. 5/805 split for the SD folks out there.
Zathris

Postby Poopstick » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:30 pm

I saw 13.000 wazers on the Paris radar this morning.

7000 was a maximum before the bug.
Poopstick
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby MReiser » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:58 pm

CBenson wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:
MReiser4670 wrote:Over this past week I've been seeing 4000-5000 in Philadelphia and 9000-10,000 when I cross the bridge into New Jersey. Not sure why they're separate, but I suppose there's a reason. Either way, these numbers are basically double what they were less than a month ago, and 4x what we were seeing 9 months back.

NJ is split amongst a few US Census Bureau Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) and that is what the Waze areas are based off of. (Or was it is the Combined Statistical Areas, CSAs? Same impact either way.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

But you shouldn't be leaving the Philadelphia–Camden–Wilmington MSA (or the Philadelphia-Reading-Camden CSA) unless you're crossing the bridge at Trenton. I suspect they're using the CSAs as 1) the numbers would be bigger (look better for marketing) and 2) I commute from the Baltimore-Columbia-Towson MSA to the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria MSA (while staying in the Washington-Baltimore-Arlington CSA) without typically seeing any changes in the numbers.

Exactly...and I notice the higher numbers are similar regardless of whether I'm crossing into NJ around Trenton or if I'm farther south in the Burlington/Camden/ Gloucester County areas. I'm currently sitting less than 1000 feet from the Delaware River, so I cross the river in both areas at least weekly.
MReiser
State Manager
State Manager

Next

Return to Website, Community, General