Number of local Wazers at rush hour

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Number of local Wazers at rush hour

Postby fotrik » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:39 am

guri does the data mining and knows more about it but can confirm that the client shows also the users which just start the application and don't move (a lot of users keep the app running at home) while the livemap show only those who moved at least for short distance in the session. Additionally, not confirmed but pretty sure that NYN uses larger range and counts also invisible users.
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby maulitos » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 am

Gracias
maulitos

Postby Poopstick » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 am

Hi,

I'm wondering if you could add more cities outside of capitals? As for France I'm thinking of Bordeaux, Toulouse and Lyon which boast the largest communities outside Paris, something like 1000 users at peak hours.
Nexus 4 - Android 4.2.2
Poopstick
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby CBenson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:45 am

The last couple of days I've received some anomalously high numbers on the order of 17000 in the Baltimore, Washington area.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.2
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Additionally, this morning the statistical graphs started to deliver the more-or-less usual values :?
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby MReiser » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:30 pm

CBenson wrote:The last couple of days I've received some anomalously high numbers on the order of 17000 in the Baltimore, Washington area.

Over this past week I've been seeing 4000-5000 in Philadelphia and 9000-10,000 when I cross the bridge into New Jersey. Not sure why they're separate, but I suppose there's a reason. Either way, these numbers are basically double what they were less than a month ago, and 4x what we were seeing 9 months back.
Image Image
Delaware State Manager / Level 4 editor - Philadelphia metro
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.2) w/ Waze v3.9.0.0
MReiser
State Manager
State Manager

Postby weeezer14 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:35 pm

MReiser4670 wrote:Over this past week I've been seeing 4000-5000 in Philadelphia and 9000-10,000 when I cross the bridge into New Jersey. Not sure why they're separate, but I suppose there's a reason. Either way, these numbers are basically double what they were less than a month ago, and 4x what we were seeing 9 months back.

NJ is split amongst a few US Census Bureau Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) and that is what the Waze areas are based off of. (Or was it is the Combined Statistical Areas, CSAs? Same impact either way.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby gettingthere » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:49 pm

I am seeing much higher numbers here in San Diego in the past couple of days. In addition, I saw more Wazers on the map than the past several weeks. So either there is now a problem that displays too many Wazers near you or Waze actually fixed some problems and the number is now accurate. Who knows.
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Waze 4.4
Waze - PLEASE ADD CARPLAY SUPPORT
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:27 pm

MReiser4670 wrote: Either way, these numbers are basically double what they were less than a month ago, and 4x what we were seeing 9 months back.

Over the past year and half, we were observing a steady rise of active wazers here (Czech and Slovak republics). When omitting occasional breaks in the source data, including the recent two months, the climbing rate seems to keep its steepness, or at least the last known level, even while we have holidays with much less wazing users. London, Roma, Riga, Paris, Madrid... as well, maybe one third to half more than some five months ago.

I can imagine that US, with their higher penetration rate, could be observing similarly higher rise of the user base.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:54 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:
MReiser4670 wrote:Over this past week I've been seeing 4000-5000 in Philadelphia and 9000-10,000 when I cross the bridge into New Jersey. Not sure why they're separate, but I suppose there's a reason. Either way, these numbers are basically double what they were less than a month ago, and 4x what we were seeing 9 months back.

NJ is split amongst a few US Census Bureau Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) and that is what the Waze areas are based off of. (Or was it is the Combined Statistical Areas, CSAs? Same impact either way.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

But you shouldn't be leaving the Philadelphia–Camden–Wilmington MSA (or the Philadelphia-Reading-Camden CSA) unless you're crossing the bridge at Trenton. I suspect they're using the CSAs as 1) the numbers would be bigger (look better for marketing) and 2) I commute from the Baltimore-Columbia-Towson MSA to the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria MSA (while staying in the Washington-Baltimore-Arlington CSA) without typically seeing any changes in the numbers.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.2
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General