Number of local Wazers at rush hour

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Number of local Wazers at rush hour

Postby dmcconachie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 am

Timbones wrote:In Great Britain*, yesterday's rush hour peaked at 737 Wazers, with around 300 online at a time during the day.
There's at least 10,000 active Wazers who are in GB, probably more. :)

(*England, Scotland and Wales)

Can you count unique over a week? I understand there are circa 400k registered UK (inc NI) wazers so if only 10k or so are actively using that's a little disappointing!
dmcconachie

Postby Timbones » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:55 am

In Great Britain*, yesterday's rush hour peaked at 737 Wazers, with around 300 online at a time during the day.
There's at least 10,000 active Wazers who are in GB, probably more. :)

(*England, Scotland and Wales)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby fvwazing » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:43 am

gettingthere wrote:I still can't understand why the number of active Wazers does not correspond more closely with the number of editors. LA and Orange county seem to be in dire need or more active map editors.

That is due to the statistical insignificance of map-editors. Given any population of 1.000 wazers, there might be 1(one) mapeditor lurking among them, or not.
fvwazing

Postby bgodette » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:23 am

Spil wrote:Rush hour in my town? Well ... I have seen one other Wazer (the same one!) two days in a row while on my way home from work in the morning ... does that count? :lol:

Sure it wasn't a cow with a cell phone? This is upstate NY we're talking about after all. :lol:
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:22 am

R4CLucky14 wrote:
bgodette wrote:
gettingthere wrote:I still can't understand why the number of active Wazers does not correspond more closely with the number of editors. LA and Orange county seem to be in dire need or more active map editors.

There's some, AMs even, and seem to be following the wiki, they just don't post in the forums for whatever reason. And IGN seems active and doing correct work, but they don't close URs (good thing).

It seems like about 5-10% of the URs so far are inside the 500m limit, which has been covered in the other thread having to do with UR traces.

Speaking of IGN, I finally came over some of their edits. They seem nit-picky. They pick one section of a road, then update that one section, and leave. Then I come along a year later, find that the rest of the road is a basemapped nightmare. No wonder why they left my area for a year . . . and still haven't come back from what I've seen.

IGN appears to work primarily on MPs, sometimes those coincide with URs so it looks like they are working URs. They also seem to work with the philosophy of minimum changes needed to fix the MP, which is also fine since they're not local editors and only have the possibly outdated aerial, MP trace, and the currently out of date GPS layer to go on.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Spil » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 am

Rush hour in my town? Well ... I have seen one other Wazer (the same one!) two days in a row while on my way home from work in the morning ... does that count? :lol:
Spil

Postby MReiser » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 am

Tonight there were over 400 (don't remember the exact number) here in the Philadelphia area.

Posted via Tapatalk
MReiser
State Manager
State Manager

Postby R4CLucky14 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 am

bgodette wrote:

There's some, AMs even, and seem to be following the wiki, they just don't post in the forums for whatever reason. And IGN seems active and doing correct work, but they don't close URs (good thing).

It seems like about 5-10% of the URs so far are inside the 500m limit, which has been covered in the other thread having to do with UR traces.

Speaking of IGN, I finally came over some of their edits. They seem nit-picky. They pick one section of a road, then update that one section, and leave. Then I come along a year later, find that the rest of the road is a basemapped nightmare. No wonder why they left my area for a year . . . and still haven't come back from what I've seen.
R4CLucky14

Postby bgodette » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:03 am

bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gettingthere » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:41 pm

bgodette wrote:It seems that Waze just begins to be useful for visually looking at traffic conditions at around 100-150 "near you now" Wazers. Useful automatic traffic avoidance seems to start kicking in around 300-350. From this I would say that critical mass for really working well at rerouting is around 600-700.

Places like SF and LA *should* be outstanding if it weren't for their non-freeway maps being in such bad shape.

Although there is also the factor of how large the metro area is, how many roads there are with frequent traffic, etc.

And as we know areas with HOV/carpool lanes are highly problematic for proper jam reporting since the Waze can be snapped to the incorrect lane (freeway vs. HOV). (LA and Orange County have many)

I still can't understand why the number of active Wazers does not correspond more closely with the number of editors. LA and Orange county seem to be in dire need or more active map editors.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General