Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Europe / Austria

Post by dathomas
I just found the App inside the App-Store and wanted to start creating maps for my location (Austria/Europe).

Is it possible to do so or is it currently limited to the U.S.?

Thank you,
Regards,
Thomas
dathomas

POSTER_ID:6622

Send a message

Post by dathomas
Where can I choose the State? I have a City-field which i can populate on "My Dashboard", but i cannot find a state anywhere.

I'm looking forward to map my region. Currently I have a few streets on my client on the IPhone, but the roads are still not available in Cartouche...hope they will be there soon.

Regards,
Thomas
dathomas
Send a message

Post by dathomas
I just tried to find streets of Bergamo on the map, but I did not see anything. May you provide me a permalink to take a look at your recorded roads?

Regards,
Thomas
dathomas
Send a message

Post by krankyd
Sorry to hear about the end of your vacation.... :(
As mentioned in other posts, we had a few setbacks and hopefully we'll catch up by the end of today. Then you should see all of your tracks and be able to keep working on them...

Looking forward to see your work in the big city. The area you sent looks very good (a few roads are still in red) but the connectivity in naming looks good on the roads you did edit. :)
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
We are still building these map tiles (as they are outside of the US, it's a different process that we have to initiate). Thank you for your patience...
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by KW33D
From what I have heard they are currently looking for map/satellite data that can be used free of charge. Or possibly negotiating to get data free of charge.

If I remember correctly the plan is to indeed expand.
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by macneo
They will eventually expand, so there's nothing wrong if you start mapping your region now.
Just put "Other" in the State, and then "yourCity, yourState" in the City spot. Right now they only list the biggest cities, so choose the closest to you and go with it.

I've just started with Italy, and the developers seem very patient with all strange bugs/errors I'm sending them :roll:
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
First you have to wait for them to appear in Cartouche.
When they are there, you'll be able to select each road and edit it like this:
http://img.skitch.com/20090814-gwq7aqnt ... dgciif.jpg
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
I know, they don't show up yet. I started writing the roads names only yesterday, so I suppose it will take the usual 24-48 hours for them to be published (?).

They should be around here
http://img.skitch.com/20090814-r411irhsssf4p6dhkj67akwka5.preview.jpg
(click to enlarge)

I'm still waiting for a whole bunch of other roads in that area to appear in my cartouche too…
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
Just a little update:
the new roads I mapped on the 13th appeared today in my cartouche, but there's still no trace of any road in the live map of that area.

Tomorrow I'll leave this area (end of summer holidays) to go back to the city… we'll see how it goes there.
macneo
Send a message