Post by macneo
I'll probably get back there next weekend for a couple of days, I hope the maps will be live by then.
I know some roads are still red, I still have to get a few reference points to split them in the right way and name them. A few of them are so new that they don't even appear on Google Maps.
Luckily it's a very small village in the mountains, so hopefully nobody will notice ;)

Editing is a little hard right now because of the known mac multiple-selection problem.
I just saw that I can finally make roundabouts… I used to get an error in the past days when I tried to make them :)

EDIT
easier said than done: I made a couple of roundabouts, but then at the 3rd one I got the same old error: Can't execute query: SELECT create_roundabout(…).
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
It's not a big deal, but here it is:
SuperPermalink
right now I just connected them as a regular crossroad, but there should be a little roundabout there.
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
I see, thank you.

And now, a good news: the first map is live! It's not the latest (it probably dates back to the 13th or so) and the search box still doesn't list "Bergamo" nor "Italy"… but it's a first step :D Hopefully in the next week we'll get the latest updates.

@dathomas
How's it going in your area, in Austria?
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
Map updates are up and running :)
And it looks like the searches are working too, even if in a strange way: If i search for "Italy" I only get US results ("Italy TX"), but If I search for "Bergamo, Italy" I get the names of some of my roads.

Btw, sooner or later you'll have to figure out a better way to manage international locations. Right now in the database there are only names for the major cities, but there's no way to name the other minor towns/villages in their area (not that I know, at least). It's not a problem right now, but if waze starts to get used by more people, we'll have to deal with it.
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
I just came back to bergamo for the weekend, and to my surprise my iPhone doesn't show any road on screen, even if they've been available here in the Live Map for days.
I tried doing a search, and it lists all the roads correctly. I then click on one and I got an error "can't find a road near departure point". If I move the map manually I can see the flag in the arrival point, but there's simply no visible road.
Both mobile and gps signals are full.
I'll be here until Sunday, in case you need me to try anything.
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
Did you get anything?
I've just tried again and it's still empty. It says "connecting", then it tells me that some data has been exchanged (4-7-11kb or so), but nothing appears apart from one road I created the other day :(
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
I understand.
Just remember not to get us waiting too long, ok? ;)
macneo
Send a message

Post by The Fej
We are working to change the key for the Mac OS platforms.
Regarding the roundabout - if you can send a permalink we will be able to check it out.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Found the issue and corrected it.
The issue was that there was no intersection on "Rifugio Magnolini"
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1762/circ1.jpg
So "Dreher" was not actually conencted there
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5002/cric2.jpg
Once you create the intersection on "Rifugio Magnolini" (and connect "Dreher" to make if the center point), there is no problem to create the roundabout in that intersection.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
We are looking at the best method to deal with it and separate it from the current 'Other' country association.
By the way, if you do have a list of cities, we can add them to enable expansion to the smaller villages and towns.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message