Post by travtufts
OldGnome wrote:
travtufts wrote:True, Facebook allows you to group people into various lists and apply custom privacy settings to those lists. But I don't believe Waze allows you the same benefit when in the app. That is, I can control when Waze posts on Facebook and to whom, but I can't control other "friends" that are Wazers seeing me while in the app. I'd be very happy if this wasn't the case, but as far as I can tell, it is.
Facebook allows you to restrict posts from an application to a custom group. Or at least, it seems/claims to. I have not tested it.
Yes, that is absolutely right, but that's within the Facebook ecosystem. What Waze does not do is allow you to select individual Facebook "friends" to see where you are on Waze. As it stands now, if you are "friends" with someone on Facebook who is also a Wazer, then they can see where you are when you open the app on your phone. We need an option to choose who sees that information in Waze, just like we can choose who can see what Waze posts on Facebook.

I understand Waze probably isn't eager to create their own mini social network, but it shouldn't be hard to use a Wazer's nickname to add them as a friend, vs the Facebook method.
travtufts
Send a message

Post by woodchuck3
Had I known this was a Facebook required app I would have never downloaded and installed it. It's too bad because this is a great idea with a lot of potential. I have friends that do not have FB and that makes this app useless for all the "friend" features. I will be uninstalling this app and going back to google latitude. Such a shame, good idea, poor execution.
woodchuck3
Send a message