Speeds displayed on live map and/or reported?

Post by whoneedsroads
All,

I searched for a topic on this, but couldn't find it. Hence this question:
What is the maximum speed reported by Waze?
I see speeds of up to 90 km/h displayed on the live map in The Netherlands.
And no clue if higher speeds are also reported. With all ACTA things and alike going on, one could get a speeding ticket for a few km/h's over the limit by being watched & tracked & traced.
Or is there nothing to worry about because there is a limit?
Thanks for taking the effort to reply!
whoneedsroads

POSTER_ID:7029052

Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Not quite sure what you mean. Waze will report the speed you are travelling so there isn't a limit. Waze doesn't have speed limits, it's up to the driver to make sure they read and obey the road signs.

Sent from my ALCATEL one touch 990 using Tapatalk
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
If the police starts giving tickets based on speeds they see in Waze they will have a hard time in the courts just convincing the judge that Waze is accurate :twisted:
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Citandro wrote:
fvwazing wrote:If the police starts giving tickets based on speeds they see in Waze they will have a hard time in the courts just convincing the judge that Waze is accurate :twisted:
The locations of other Wazers on the live map and client are delayed so it would certainly take a lot of effort even trying to find the Wazer.
Every 2-3 minutes your Waze-client sends the position you had 2-3 minutes ago. The position you are shown is always 4-6 minutes old. In the livemap that position is rounded - distorted - a bit. No way you can be picked out of the traffic unless you are driving a desert road, alone.

But the original poster seems to be afraid that the police stops patrolling and instead of that just makes hardcopies of the Waze livemap. Then they can pass those hardcopies to the NSA to crack Waze-datatraffic from around the world and find out who you are and where they should send that $50 speeding ticket to. Or pass the request to Waze to cough up all data about that drivers alias? Are we all aware that many can drive around with the same alias at the same time?

[edit]
ofcourse Waze would have a very hard time once it came out that they pass data for generating tickets. Would be economical suicide. The NSA hacking your Waze then?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gerben
I think he means the reported speed when 'clicking' an user on the live map or in the client.
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by gordonski
fvwazing wrote: The NSA hacking your Waze then?
[paranoia]Shush... They're watching us right now (using alien technology)! We should always wear tinfoil hats while driving...[paranoia]
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by merrix24
The locations of other Wazers on the live map and client are delayed so it would certainly take a lot of effort even trying to find the Wazer.[/quote]

How long is the delay and how often is your location and speed reported.
I would like to think if i'm doing a road trip with another car we could somewhat track each other.

Thanks,
merrix24
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Waze doesn't ask for personal information when you sign up, even if the police did happen to know that it was your phone going down the highway at 80, they have no proof that it was you that was driving the car, or that you were in your car or someone elses.
thefatveganchef
Send a message