As I search through the forums, I am finding it difficult to isolate discussions focused on Wiki updates vs. discussions just referencing the Wiki. I think we could benefit from adding a sub-forum under Community focused on the Wiki itself. In that forum we could post:
- Feedback from users on things that are hard to understand, but the user is afraid to "be bold" in the Wiki
- Running threads listing sections that need updates where various editors can take a shot at them
- Ideas for proposed larger section changes or additions
- Recommended style guidelines when making changes/additions to the Wiki
- Links to new pages in alternate languages that would benefit from translation to other languages
- Discussions and subsequent links to polls where we are voting on changes around more subjective things like map editing recommendations, e.g. Ramp naming
In RL I do a lot of documentation and technical writing, I am a very experienced Wikipedia editor, and I believe I can add value to the Waze Wiki. I just want to be sure I am in sync with the general community and I think this proposed sub-forum would help us all. If there is an alternate method to achieve this I am happy to listen as well.