Post by failsafe
Since Waze also feeds in prices via a 3rd Party now, and they report credit prices, this discussion is moot. I report credit; everyone should.
failsafe
Send a message
Former Area manager: Chicago Metro Area, Kenosha, and Saint Louis
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Colomb ... -A-E-4.gif

Post by failsafe
dmcconachie wrote:
failsafe wrote:Since Waze also feeds in prices via a 3rd Party now, and they report credit prices, this discussion is moot. I report credit; everyone should.
It was my understanding that the 3rd party prices were cash prices!
What you understood and the reality of the situation are two different things. All but once, I've seen credit prices when I see "reported by 3rd party."

Cash is not the way to go. Credit is.
failsafe
Send a message

Post by failsafe
Spil wrote:
failsafe wrote:... All but once, I've seen credit prices when I see "reported by 3rd party."
All but twice, I've only seen inaccurate and/or missing prices when I see "reported by 3rd party".
I've been paying attention, and around here, the third party prices are reasonably accurate, at least for the day before. They are also the credit prices, not cash.

I can't see anyone who drives a big-tanked vehicle pulling out $60-plus dollars in the US and walking in as often as swiping a card at the pump, especially in the wintertime. Sorry; credit is what we should be using in the US. I can't speak for Israel, but they shouldn't be speaking for us either.
failsafe
Send a message

Post by failsafe
Received and replied-to. In essence, between seeing third parties reporting credit prices, people mistakenly reporting things like with-a-car-wash huge discounted prices for gas, and Waze not responding to the query via the support link, AND my personal belief that the best apples-to-apples comparison between stations was the undiscounted credit prices, I changed the wiki.

Apologies if I stepped on any toes; I figured if it was an issue, someone would have changed it back. I stated my reason for the change in the wiki; that Waze was using a third-party service that was replacing the cash prices I had be inputting (against my better judgement) with credit. And it's a wiki.

I won't be touching the wiki again; I told Andy to change it back if he had to, but made the suggestion that he and the Waze Champs take a good, hard look at the data before deciding to go back to cash prices in the US.

If they do change it back, I'll both stop reporting anything for a place with a cash price, and stop using the feature myself as a user, because I won't trust the data even more than now.
failsafe
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Drunk gas wtf? :-!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Lol ok :-)

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Would've been pretty pointless bothering at all if that was the case. Wouldn't surprise me though, and I'm sure none of you would be either...

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Why would you put the credit card price in? I'm not in the US but it'd be stupid to assume everyone has or is going to use a credit card.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
If the cash price is displayed on the matrix boards, and the cash price is your standard, stick it in the wiki and stop arguing. Standards are standards, please follow them for the sake of the community.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
mapcat wrote: Some display the cash price.
Some display the cash price and the credit price.
Some display the price you pay if you use their proprietary credit card.
Some display the price for anyone with a store discount card.
Some display the price you pay if you buy a car wash too.
Etc.

And naturally, practices vary state by state, city by city.
Bloody hell! Kinda begs the question why start in the US with such a complex way of doing it?

floppyrod84
Send a message