Post by deb52899
I would not go to that station if it listed the higher credit price - meaning cash at BP is 3.50 and credit at BP is 3.60. Cash at Shell down the street is 3.55 and credit is 3.65. If someone put in the credit price for the BP and the cash price (which is the universal entry price for these apps right now) for Shell, I would go to Shell, not BP. Then I would pay .05 more than I should have and be upset because Waze directed me to the wrong station.

Also, if you use that station's credit card (i.e., BP card at BP station), it is considered cash for the price difference.
deb52899
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Good thing they started this feature in a country where it's all relatively simple! No... wait... that's exactly the opposite of what they did!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
gettingthere wrote:Although it's unknown if there is some type of regular data feed to and from this 'partner' or whether we are on our own now as far as maintaining this data.
Madness if the latter!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
The "actual" price is the cash price. You're paying a premium over and above for the privilege of paying by plastic.

I'd be just as annoyed with the app if I chose one station based on the credit prices to find one 2 miles down the road was actually cheaper. That argument works both ways! Which is why it's important to have a convention and understand what you're seeing.

I understand your arguments but to insist on entering prices contrary to the agreed convention is just ruining it for everyone.

(and no mention of GB!)

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
CBenson wrote:
xteejx wrote:If the price displayed is for cash, and all signage says that, why would anyone be disputing this? Seems pretty obvious to me which one is the one to use.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
What's the point of continuing to incite the argument here? There are plenty of good arguments to dispute this. The point is we all need to do the same thing and waze has indicated that we should use cash. Why do you want all the reasons reiterated as to why I would choose credit if I was waze?
I don't think he is. I read it as a rhetorical question. He's just agreeing with the previous posters.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
failsafe wrote:Since Waze also feeds in prices via a 3rd Party now, and they report credit prices, this discussion is moot. I report credit; everyone should.
It was my understanding that the 3rd party prices were cash prices!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Nobody is speaking for the US, most of the US Champs were in agreement that it should be cash which is the true price.

Frankly I think you should catch up with the rest of the world and have no difference between cash and credit!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
10-15%? Not a chance.
Cash vs credit prices and adding sales tax at the till rather than on the ticket? Pain in the ass! I'd rather just know what I see is what I'm paying!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
bgodette wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:10-15%? Not a chance.
Cash vs credit prices and adding sales tax at the till rather than on the ticket? Pain in the ass! I'd rather just know what I see is what I'm paying!
No sales tax on fuel, it's already included. There is however the merchant fees per transaction and percentage of transaction, the price is inflated to cover those fees. IOW passed on to the consumer by being hidden in the price.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I meant sales tax in general rather than on fuel in particular. And of course overheads are built into the price.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by failsafe
I'm an adult. I pay at the pump with a credit card. I will continue to enter in the credit prices. Given how far off the third party reporters are, or how old the reports are, I'm doing better than if I just left it alone.

By where I live, cash and credit are the same anyway. It's only in and immediately around Chicago that they charge the extra.
failsafe
Send a message
Former Area manager: Chicago Metro Area, Kenosha, and Saint Louis
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Colomb ... -A-E-4.gif