Reporting Gas prices - cash or credit?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Re: Reporting Gas prices - cash or credit?

Postby Spil » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:31 am

failsafe wrote:... All but once, I've seen credit prices when I see "reported by 3rd party."

All but twice, I've only seen inaccurate and/or missing prices when I see "reported by 3rd party".
Spil

Postby failsafe » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:13 am

dmcconachie wrote:
failsafe wrote:Since Waze also feeds in prices via a 3rd Party now, and they report credit prices, this discussion is moot. I report credit; everyone should.

It was my understanding that the 3rd party prices were cash prices!

What you understood and the reality of the situation are two different things. All but once, I've seen credit prices when I see "reported by 3rd party."

Cash is not the way to go. Credit is.
failsafe

Postby dmcconachie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:21 am

failsafe wrote:Since Waze also feeds in prices via a 3rd Party now, and they report credit prices, this discussion is moot. I report credit; everyone should.

It was my understanding that the 3rd party prices were cash prices!
dmcconachie

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:04 pm

CBenson wrote:
xteejx wrote:If the price displayed is for cash, and all signage says that, why would anyone be disputing this? Seems pretty obvious to me which one is the one to use.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

What's the point of continuing to incite the argument here? There are plenty of good arguments to dispute this. The point is we all need to do the same thing and waze has indicated that we should use cash. Why do you want all the reasons reiterated as to why I would choose credit if I was waze?

I don't think he is. I read it as a rhetorical question. He's just agreeing with the previous posters.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie

Postby gettingthere » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:44 pm

mapcat wrote:What do these people do when they leave the state?!

They leave? :lol:
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mapcat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Spil wrote:"Gas station attendant"? They still have those out your way? :lol: Seriously, there is only one full-serve station that I know of within a 50-mile radius of my home -- every other station is self-serve. Oddly enough, that one full-serve station usually has the lowest price in the area too ... so it gets a lot of my business, especially when I'm in a hurry (or in winter, when I don't really want to get out of the van until I reach my destination :D).

Is it on a reservation? They're always the cheapest in my experience.

Re tipping station attendants: seriously? I've filled up in Oregon a dozen times or so, and not once has anyone been especially useful. One station had one guy working maybe 12 pumps, all of them in use. When I pulled up he wasn't around so I just got out and started it myself. The old man patiently waiting at the pump next to mine looked at me as if I'd just gotten the pump to dispense chardonnay and said "HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!"

What do these people do when they leave the state?!
mapcat

Postby Spil » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:49 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bgodette wrote:I'm surprised Alan hasn't mentioned anything about tipping your gas station attendant. :lol:

I'm sure there's a good reason you brought this up, but I can't remember the situation. :)

Yes, I have tipped at a gas station on numerous occasions. :mrgreen:

"Gas station attendant"? They still have those out your way? :lol: Seriously, there is only one full-serve station that I know of within a 50-mile radius of my home -- every other station is self-serve. Oddly enough, that one full-serve station usually has the lowest price in the area too ... so it gets a lot of my business, especially when I'm in a hurry (or in winter, when I don't really want to get out of the van until I reach my destination :D).

I know that there are states (NJ comes to mind as an example, although it may have changed since I was last there) where the government has decided that its citizens are either too careless or too dumb to pump their own gas, and has passed legislation requiring all stations to be full-serve.

[tongue-in-cheek] On the full/self issue ... that could bring up another lengthy discussion ;) -- I remember in the past seeing stations that had full-serve and self-serve pumps, and the self-serve cost less than the full-serve. So why not make 4 price fields per grade per station (full/cash, full/credit, self/cash, self/credit)? And why only 4 grades? Some stations in my area have 7 grades (86, 87, 89, 91, 93, diesel, kerosene) -- why slight them with only 4 grades? [/tongue-in-cheek] :roll: :lol:
Spil

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 am

bgodette wrote:I'm surprised Alan hasn't mentioned anything about tipping your gas station attendant. :lol:

I'm sure there's a good reason you brought this up, but I can't remember the situation. :)

Yes, I have tipped at a gas station on numerous occasions. :mrgreen:
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:27 am

xteejx wrote:
mapcat wrote:Some display the cash price.
Some display the cash price and the credit price.
Some display the price you pay if you use their proprietary credit card.
Some display the price for anyone with a store discount card.
Some display the price you pay if you buy a car wash too.
Etc.

And naturally, practices vary state by state, city by city.
Bloody hell! Kinda begs the question why start in the US with such a complex way of doing it?
I'm surprised Alan hasn't mentioned anything about tipping your gas station attendant. :lol:
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby floppyrod84 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:59 pm

mapcat wrote:Some display the cash price.
Some display the cash price and the credit price.
Some display the price you pay if you use their proprietary credit card.
Some display the price for anyone with a store discount card.
Some display the price you pay if you buy a car wash too.
Etc.

And naturally, practices vary state by state, city by city.

Bloody hell! Kinda begs the question why start in the US with such a complex way of doing it?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General