**Twin Cities Wazing Help/Support**

Moderator: Unholy

**Twin Cities Wazing Help/Support**

Postby Lemon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:01 am

Hey for everyone in the Twin Cities Metro and surrounding area, I'm Lemon one of the area managers for this area. I know people have been asking for a better way to try to get a hold of their area managers in order to make changes to the map and that not a lot has been done yet.

Currently, reporting errors from the client doesn't always get resolved in the most timely manner and they are hard to see unless you are looking at that area of the map. To resolve some of these issues, I created an email address: lemon.atWaze@gmail.com. The goal is for people in this area to directly send Waze related map problems for what I hope is a more immediate and direct response to your problems when using the map in the Twin Cities Metro area. I guess you could kind of think of it as a help desk for Waze in the Twin Cities.

Just a few things to keep in mind:
- Try to be as descriptive as possible when explaining the problem (time, location, situation details, etc).
- Screen shots from your client while experiencing the problem or Cartouche screen shots/perma-links are extremely helpful.

I do have a job but would be more than willing to help you out when i'm free in the evening so email me your issues Twin Cities Wazers ;)

ps. Please don't spam me :)
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager
Lemon

Re: **Twin Cities Wazing Help/Support**

Postby daviss » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 am

whats you rank, lemon?
daviss

Postby Lemon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:43 am

right now 22, but hopefully i'm moving up with some of the edit's im making on 694 in the cities. what about yourself?
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager
Lemon

Postby daviss » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:16 pm

above me... i'm 39..
daviss

Postby Lemon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:32 am

Hey Twin Cities, i just got a request for a user to edit the major highway on their commute. Took a couple hours but i hope everything should be solved now. When you email me i can get a sense of where people need more help with the maps sooner than if you were to report a problem via your mobile device.

The email thing i've set up actually worked well in this case. Again, don't feel awkward about emailing me. I'd love you help you out :)
Lemon

Postby Chroma » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Lemon wrote:Hey Twin Cities, i just got a request for a user to edit the major highway on their commute. Took a couple hours but i hope everything should be solved now. When you email me i can get a sense of where people need more help with the maps sooner than if you were to report a problem via your mobile device.

The email thing i've set up actually worked well in this case. Again, don't feel awkward about emailing me. I'd love you help you out :)

:D Hi there. It was alot better. I need to start fixing on/off ramps now.
Minneapolis Area Manager
Alexandria Area Manager
Chroma

Postby rtwolfe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:26 am

Hi Lemon. I just was given area manager privs for edina area. Looking forward to working with you on getting the maps right. Exchanged a little emails with sota767 about the 280/Midway area. It seems like a very good group of people with a common goal.

Perhaps you've got some ideas on the issue I've seen with my I-94 routes. I posted in the Bugs area under the topic "Met the enemy and think it is me.... ". A pretty lively discussion.

Any advice on if my editing might be causing the issue and how to avoid it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
rtwolfe
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
rtwolfe

Postby rtwolfe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi Lemon:
I was doing some clean up around south mpls last night and ran into something really odd.
Take a close in look at 35W going south (and North) between the 62 cross town and I-94.

It's weird. Going North, there was some odd stuff that used to take you off an off ramp and back one again but the segement of 35W between the two ramps was missing. I drew in a road to try to connect things up but it probably is still not right.

Also going south we've got TWO roads that are suppose to be 35W. I was nervous about removing one of them so I left them. What do you thing we should do the correct that problem.

I do that the 35w south route home and I noted that waze seemed to get very confused about where I was (ie which road I was on) as the travel that segment. I assume we want it to be one road going south (since I don't think waze can handle modelling a 4 lane freeway just yet).

Appreciate your thoughts.
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
rtwolfe

Postby rtwolfe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Here's that sceen capture I mentioned. Again, sorry for the goof. Need training.
Attachments
teds 35w error.jpg
teds 35w error.jpg (128.76 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
rtwolfe

Postby rtwolfe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:29 am

Hi got an odd one. I have Restricted Turns on and Connectivity checked.
I can't figure out how to fix it. The connectivity shows that waze thinks the north south roads are linked?? And there are turn issues up the ying / yang, probably caused by the poor connectivity?

I thought perhaps one could just delete the bad roads and then re add them but I doubt I have permissions in the midway.

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=7&l ... 1=61211408
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
rtwolfe

Next

Return to Website, Community, General