**Twin Cities Wazing Help/Support**

Moderator: Unholy

Re: **Twin Cities Wazing Help/Support**

Postby OscarC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Hey rtwolfe,

You are getting bad directions driving out that way or just based on the turn restrictions shown?

That mess of turn restrictions is from a mess that I cleaned up a while ago and those turn restrictions won't go away, they're kind of "phantom turn restrictions" of junctions I deleted. I believe it's a known bug.

I'll drive around out there and see what it does at my lunch hour.

Oscar
Image Image
Waze v3.7.6.0, iPhone 4S - Verizon - iOS 7.0.4
Minnesota-based US Country Manager
OscarC

Postby OscarC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:26 pm

well it seemed to route correctly for me, but it did want me to make a U-turn at the ends of the split which I saw was not really possible so I restricted those turns in Cartouche so it won't do that again.

let me know if you have problems with it routing.

Oscar
Image Image
Waze v3.7.6.0, iPhone 4S - Verizon - iOS 7.0.4
Minnesota-based US Country Manager
OscarC

Postby rtwolfe » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:39 am

I 35 W ROAD CONSTRUCTION SOUTH OF 94.

Hey Lemon. This is a follow up to my earlier post on this,

I think you and I are area managers for this tough piece of real estate.
The issue is the aerial maps are out of date. You can see this when you turn on 'recent gps points'.
It will take a lot of work to clean it up 'blind'. But as a major freeway, folks will be getting pretty frustrated if it stays in current condition. Based on info I can find the project will not be completed until 12/2010.

I also worry about fixing it and then having a newbie wazer go changing the road layout. I suppose if we do it pretty well, they at least won't be able to delete the roads we set up, they'll just move them and we can change them back. Do you think we could temporarily label them '135 const zone pls don't change'

I was scanning the web and found a couple map PDFs from the DOT that show the final layout and even the status of work as of Feb 2010.

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/projects/cro ... osures.pdf

Here's a screen capture

I'd propose whoever does this should set up the current map as best we can to match the future layout, using recent GPS points and the DOT map to get the roads 'close'.

Your thoughts Lemon?
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
rtwolfe

Edit in St Louis Parl

Postby crayboy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Re. edit to W 28th St in St Louis Park.
I just made an edit (now pending), and wanted to leave a note for the area manager.
I removed the stretch of w28th St from Xenwood to Yosemite Ave's - it is a footpath. Also, Yosemite is no drivable from a point ~20' S of the footpath for a distance of about 40' (There is a 20' berm!) but I could not find a way to delete that section.
crayboy

Eden Priarie corrections

Postby crayboy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 pm

I just submitted some deletions in EP, but do not have permission for additions - there is a development bounded by Prairie Center Drive, Prairie Lakes Drive and Lexington Drive which is severely messed up!
crayboy

Postby rtwolfe » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Lemon: Got another tangle. I was driving from roseville to mpls on 36 to 35w and had some minor issues. But started looking North of the Cleveland, 36, I 35 intersections and found this one.

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... FTFFFTTTTT

I tried to fix but don't have permissions. Maybe I will in a couple days but have travelled 36 before and thought I'd be within a mile.

If you think it would help, I'd be happy to see if Waze would extend my manager privs to this area too.

Cheers
Ted
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
rtwolfe

Postby Lemon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:23 pm

rtwolfe wrote:I 35 W ROAD CONSTRUCTION SOUTH OF 94.

Hey Lemon. This is a follow up to my earlier post on this,

I think you and I are area managers for this tough piece of real estate.
The issue is the aerial maps are out of date. You can see this when you turn on 'recent gps points'.
It will take a lot of work to clean it up 'blind'. But as a major freeway, folks will be getting pretty frustrated if it stays in current condition. Based on info I can find the project will not be completed until 12/2010.

I also worry about fixing it and then having a newbie wazer go changing the road layout. I suppose if we do it pretty well, they at least won't be able to delete the roads we set up, they'll just move them and we can change them back. Do you think we could temporarily label them '135 const zone pls don't change'

I was scanning the web and found a couple map PDFs from the DOT that show the final layout and even the status of work as of Feb 2010.

Here's a screen capture

I'd propose whoever does this should set up the current map as best we can to match the future layout, using recent GPS points and the DOT map to get the roads 'close'.

Your thoughts Lemon?

Yea, i last looked at this mess a few months ago. I had just avoided it for these reasons though this pdf will really help us ultimately line up roads with GPS. I thought i might drive drive all of the new roads and just look at my GPS tracks to line up the roads (when i have some free time). I got a Nexus One and from what i've heard and experienced with this so far i haven't jumped around on the map b/c the GPS couldnt figure out where i was like i experienced on my iphone.
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager
Lemon

Re: Eden Priarie corrections

Postby Lemon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:24 pm

crayboy wrote:I just submitted some deletions in EP, but do not have permission for additions - there is a development bounded by Prairie Center Drive, Prairie Lakes Drive and Lexington Drive which is severely messed up!

Crayboy, could you provide perma-links? They would really help me get to the exact area you are speaking to.

Thanks,
Lemon
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager
Lemon

Postby rtwolfe » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:25 am

Also sent via email.

35W Crosstown - Initial run at fixing

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?id=24990 ... FTFFFTTTTT

OK. Yes it is 2:21 in the morning and I am hitting the sack. Take a look. Feedback appreciated. I changed crosstown to Major Highway vs Freeway after reading the road naming conventions in the Wiki. Thats why the road is now red.

I have modified the freeways and ramps and crosstown based on two things. First the DOT maps for the construction.

Second, the GPS points as arrows. IF you zoom in, you get a pretty good model for the flow.

Caution: The new roads will NOT match the aerial views. Those are outdated.

Lastly, I have LOCKED all the new segments and have labelled them with a suffix of CONST ZN. Since no one else seemed to have addressed that kind of naming, I added it to the general naming wiki entry.

===Basic Rules===

Start by following the naming rules for your major roads. Interstate as "I- 10".
US highways as "US Hwy 90". To show that the segments are part of a construction zone, just add the suffix "CONST ZN". "I- 10" becomes "I- 10 CONST ZN".
"US Hwy 90" becomes "US Hwy 90 CONST ZN".

When temporarily re-setting road geometry, closely monitor recent GPS points as the aerial maps will likely display an out-dated view. Also, be sure to closely monitor these sections of roadway and remove the CONST ZN suffix whenever the construction is done.
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
rtwolfe

Re: Eden Priarie corrections

Postby crayboy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Lemon wrote:
crayboy wrote:I just submitted some deletions in EP, but do not have permission for additions - there is a development bounded by Prairie Center Drive, Prairie Lakes Drive and Lexington Drive which is severely messed up!

Crayboy, could you provide perma-links? They would really help me get to the exact area you are speaking to.

Thanks,
Lemon

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=5&l ... FTFFFTTTTT
crayboy

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General