Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Waze Routing Problem

Post by AgentFox
Hi!
I have an iPhone 4s with all the latest software and iOS upgrades and Verizon wireless as my carrier. Waze has been having weird problems lately. Last week, it would not reroute when I went a different direction. Telling it to stop navigation and restart worked. This morning, I pressed my "work" destination address and it found the route, but it couldn't find *me.* What I mean is that when I was on 35 (a major highway in the US), it couldn't see that I was on that. In fact, it showed me as off-roading. It kept telling me to turn on streets that a) I couldn't turn on from said highway and b) didn't even exist in the area. At one point, it thought I was driving backwards when I was clearly going forward. I tried stopping navigation and restarting and switching the app off and restarting and that didn't work. It's cloudy outside today, but normally that doesn't make a difference with this app. Anyone else have this problem?
AgentFox

POSTER_ID:6482773

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Yes, I have had both of those problems. I'm using Android on Verizon, however. The failure to recalculate has been fairly consistent lately and has been brought up in the forums.

The offset position problem I also had recently as well, but only once. If I open Google maps while this is happening, it shows the same erroneous location, so when it happens to me it seems to be a GPS issue.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by Nicotunes
Hi,

What I find is that Waze will ignore my chosen route...If I choose one that is a little longer (for some reason) Waze still tries to take me the shortest/fastest way. While I appreciate that, it should follow my choice regardless....
Nicotunes
Send a message