AM issue (resolved)

Post by slevit1
Hello,
I'm concerned that an AM may be purposely incorrectly adding streets to gain himself more points on the map. Please see this example for an area that I found tonight: [redacted]
I'm pretty sure you can immediately see the area that I'm talking about where he's created a ton of streets that do not exist. He actually created twice as many, but I've already deleted a bunch of them prior to writing this post. I'll leave the incorrect streets there for a couple of days so that people can see this message, then I'll go through and correct them.

In general, I'm concerned about his practices as an AM. He has locked a large number of roads in the Toledo area which are not major roadways. He also goes through all of the marked problems on the map and takes care of them immediately. While this sounds like a good thing, he usually marks them as not identified. I know this because I've marked quite a few areas to remind myself to correct, and he typically marks them as not identified before I have a chance to go back and fix them. It seems like he's creating roads, quickly going through problems without addressing the problems, and then locking roads which prevents others from fixing!

Any ideas?
Thanks!
slevit1

POSTER_ID:4663675

Send a message
Last edited by slevit1 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Area Manager - Baltimore and Annapolis, MD, Toledo, OH

Post by slevit1
Thank you to everyone for the replies.

GG: I tried to get in contact with you directly, but didn't see good contact info for you in the AM list and the private message I tried to send did not work for some reason.

I did delete the roads as they were connected (or very close to) actual roads in the editor. I actually noticed them because I was driving around that area tonight and was wondering what in the world all those roads were doing attached to the road I was driving on!

I appreciate the advice about adding a quick text to UR's that I create and I'll do that in the future. If you come across them (which I have no doubt you will), please leave them for me to go through. I've edited the post above as you requested.
slevit1
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Area Manager - Baltimore and Annapolis, MD, Toledo, OH

Post by jasonh300
The trick to leaving the UR note is to pick a two-letter combination you're not likely to ever type as a word, and in the auto-correct settings, set it to auto-correct to your message. Then all you have to do is type the two letters and a space into the comment and hit Send, and hope you remember why you sent it when you get to a computer.

For instance, I type in jj<space> and get "Please PM jasonh300 before editing or closing. Thanks!"

This is in iOS, but I'm sure that Android has a similar feature.

Also, a note about Gizmo's rig...it was in the middle of a field, rather than in the middle of a lake, because to test it actually required driving on it.

I set up a test rig in the middle of a lake, and only realized after it was on the maps, that I couldn't do all of the testing I wanted to without a boat. :o
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Any time you see something you think is suspicious from a level 4 editor, leave it alone, or at least ask before you make any kind of changes to it. We work directly with the Waze developers and do a lot of experimental things like this.

Hopefully you didn't delete anything of value.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by GizmoGuy411
jasonh300 wrote:.....

I set up a test rig in the middle of a lake, and only realized after it was on the maps, that I couldn't do all of the testing I wanted to without a boat. :o
Wow.. what a great new excuse to use my jetski. I can map all over Lake Erie now! :lol:
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by GizmoGuy411
AndyPoms wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Thanks Andy.

I'll give FireKeys a try.
I had to reset my phone about a week or two ago... Make sure you get the free version... I had trouble finding it first time around (it didn't appear in search)... Find FireKeys... then go to more by same publisher... it's in there...
I found a site called http://www.FireKeys.com and an associated YouTube video, but could not find the actual app on the web or in Google Play for either the pay or free version.

However I did find an app called "Auto Text Keyboard" and "Auto Text Keyboard Lite" (limited to 10 shortcuts) which seem to be the newly named versions of FireKeys. When I follow the developer link for "Auto Text Keyboard" at Google Play, it takes me to the firekeys.com website. Plus the video demo at Google Play shows the YouTube FireKeys video. And lastly, the icon they show for "Auto Text Keyboard" looks like a set of keys on fire, so that was the last clue that convinced me they changed the app name.

An "old" version was available too, but not for the free version that I could tell.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"