When did Waze first become USEFUL?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: When did Waze first become USEFUL?

Postby Alty » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:07 pm

- When did you first notice another Wazer on YOUR stretch of road?
I haven't yet, but I saw them in cities when driving up the M1 a couple of months ago

- When did you first get a traffic report for a stretch of road you were planning on travelling down?
Not yet :(

- Have you actually ever been re-routed because of a traffic report someone else generated?
Nope
- Have you actually tried to use Waze to route you somewhere other than your normal commute, and have it work?
Yes! I never use Waze on my commute, since it's a relatively short route (8 miles; but it takes 45 minutes, stupid city centre traffic) but I have used it at random times while primarily doing a Waze new road drive if I get a little lost and see if it can get me somewhere, and it's worked.

One thing I wish it could do is use Google's lookup to find a place through long/lat, plant a marker to that place on your GPS and then you could drive there with just the arrow or something (kinda like GTA before GTA4 did, this way I can navigate there while plotting my own route on the roads; we'd get much more mapping done this way.)
• phone: motorola milestone - android 2.1 • waze: 1.8.99.103 • car: renault megane •
Alty

Postby Alty » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Saw a couple of Wazers on my drive from Blackburn to Manchester. Happy times!
• phone: motorola milestone - android 2.1 • waze: 1.8.99.103 • car: renault megane •
Alty

Postby asterix06 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:45 pm

3dr question - probably yes 2-3 times
4th questions - full yes
Image Image ↖Italian docs
Iphone5 Waze 3.9.2
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, CM Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina,
Forum Moderator
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby elgirts » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:56 pm

- When did you first notice another Wazer on YOUR stretch of road?

I had been seeing other wazers around my area for a while, but it wasn't till recently that I actually had a possible encounter. About 2 months ago, I was in traffic and noticed that there was another wazer on the same stretch of road as me but he was coming at me. Well, I kept watching till he got near me, then I stuck my arm out the window and started waving at all the cars on the other side of the road. Alas, I never got a return wave, I doubt he/she even saw me, but it was neat nevertheless. :)

- When did you first get a traffic report for a stretch of road you were planning on travelling down?

Living in Los Angeles County, I get various slow traffic reports all the time. However, I got my first "Police Reported Ahead" about 30 mins ago for the first time. That was a nice treat. :)

- Have you actually ever been re-routed because of a traffic report someone else generated?

No, not yet. Still waiting for that one.

- Have you actually tried to use Waze to route you somewhere other than your normal commute, and have it work?

Yes I have. I had an appointment in a confusing area of town, and though I was somewhat familiar with the area, I decided to let waze guide me. If it failed, at least I kind of knew the area. Well, it got me there, and it did it efficiently. even better than the route I would have taken. I was impressed.
Blue - 2006 PT Cruiser / Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA / iPhone 3G - OS 4.0.2 / Waze - iPhone v2.0
elgirts

Postby enormekever » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 am

-Yes
-Yes
-Not yet
-Yes
Regio Manager Noord-Brabant
Setup: HTC One • Android 4.4.3 • Waze 3.8.1.0 • Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands
enormekever
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby JAMBRAM » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:59 pm

1st - Have seen other, but just yesterday managed to pass someone travelling in the opp. direction.
2nd - Never
3rd - Never
4th - Yes, quite often. I always verify the route with GoogleMaps on my phone. If i am going to Business XYZ, i enter it a a google local search and generally get decent directions or at least pointed in the right direction.
JAMBRAM/VOLWAZER
Waze 2.0.0.0
Samsung Omnia i910
WinMo 6.1, Stock Rom
2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab
Memphis, Tennessee
JAMBRAM

Postby macneo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:24 pm

- I've seen the first wazer close enough last January, we almost met at a crossroad. I have yet to see/recognize a wazer "in real live".
- Probably around December.
- Never re-routed yet, but it changed the ETA.
- I've tried thinking "ok Waze, i want to trust you today"… and it managed to make me cut my home-office route from 50 minutes to 35-40 :)
macneo
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Naesstrom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:07 am

I can just answer Yes to that first question, and that was the other day!
But I can see by the rate the roads are growing around here that there are plenty going on! When I first started wazing at new year I was alone here in my town... hardly any roads at all and now everytime I check the livemap new parts have been mapped :D
Naesstrom

Postby padril » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:51 pm

zzyzxuk wrote:- When did you first notice another Wazer on YOUR stretch of road?

Last week - somebody popped up 100m away from where I was sitting in traffic and said hi via chit chat
Never have yet
no
not yet
padril

Postby PeterG » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi,
unfortunately now and as I think some time in the future my answers are and probably will be:
-No
-No
-No
-No

Of course I have recorded and edited most the roads here myself and there are great white parts in the real North of Germany remaining not been driven by anyone yet... there are not even Arials here :o

Regards
Peter
PeterG

Next

Return to Website, Community, General