When did Waze first become USEFUL?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: When did Waze first become USEFUL?

Postby naesstrom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:07 am

I can just answer Yes to that first question, and that was the other day!
But I can see by the rate the roads are growing around here that there are plenty going on! When I first started wazing at new year I was alone here in my town... hardly any roads at all and now everytime I check the livemap new parts have been mapped :D
naesstrom

Postby macneo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:24 pm

- I've seen the first wazer close enough last January, we almost met at a crossroad. I have yet to see/recognize a wazer "in real live".
- Probably around December.
- Never re-routed yet, but it changed the ETA.
- I've tried thinking "ok Waze, i want to trust you today"… and it managed to make me cut my home-office route from 50 minutes to 35-40 :)
macneo
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby JAMBRAM » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:59 pm

1st - Have seen other, but just yesterday managed to pass someone travelling in the opp. direction.
2nd - Never
3rd - Never
4th - Yes, quite often. I always verify the route with GoogleMaps on my phone. If i am going to Business XYZ, i enter it a a google local search and generally get decent directions or at least pointed in the right direction.
JAMBRAM/VOLWAZER
Waze 2.0.0.0
Samsung Omnia i910
WinMo 6.1, Stock Rom
2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab
Memphis, Tennessee
JAMBRAM

Postby enormekever » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 am

-Yes
-Yes
-Not yet
-Yes
Regio Manager Noord-Brabant
Setup: HTC One • Android 4.4.3 • Waze 3.8.1.0 • Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands
enormekever

Postby Elgirts » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:56 pm

- When did you first notice another Wazer on YOUR stretch of road?

I had been seeing other wazers around my area for a while, but it wasn't till recently that I actually had a possible encounter. About 2 months ago, I was in traffic and noticed that there was another wazer on the same stretch of road as me but he was coming at me. Well, I kept watching till he got near me, then I stuck my arm out the window and started waving at all the cars on the other side of the road. Alas, I never got a return wave, I doubt he/she even saw me, but it was neat nevertheless. :)

- When did you first get a traffic report for a stretch of road you were planning on travelling down?

Living in Los Angeles County, I get various slow traffic reports all the time. However, I got my first "Police Reported Ahead" about 30 mins ago for the first time. That was a nice treat. :)

- Have you actually ever been re-routed because of a traffic report someone else generated?

No, not yet. Still waiting for that one.

- Have you actually tried to use Waze to route you somewhere other than your normal commute, and have it work?

Yes I have. I had an appointment in a confusing area of town, and though I was somewhat familiar with the area, I decided to let waze guide me. If it failed, at least I kind of knew the area. Well, it got me there, and it did it efficiently. even better than the route I would have taken. I was impressed.
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA
Elgirts

Postby asterix06 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:45 pm

3dr question - probably yes 2-3 times
4th questions - full yes
Iphone6 Waze 4.10
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, CM Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina,
Forum Admin
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Alty » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Saw a couple of Wazers on my drive from Blackburn to Manchester. Happy times!
• phone: motorola milestone - android 2.1 • waze: 1.8.99.103 • car: renault megane •
Alty

Postby Alty » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:07 pm

- When did you first notice another Wazer on YOUR stretch of road?
I haven't yet, but I saw them in cities when driving up the M1 a couple of months ago

- When did you first get a traffic report for a stretch of road you were planning on travelling down?
Not yet :(

- Have you actually ever been re-routed because of a traffic report someone else generated?
Nope
- Have you actually tried to use Waze to route you somewhere other than your normal commute, and have it work?
Yes! I never use Waze on my commute, since it's a relatively short route (8 miles; but it takes 45 minutes, stupid city centre traffic) but I have used it at random times while primarily doing a Waze new road drive if I get a little lost and see if it can get me somewhere, and it's worked.

One thing I wish it could do is use Google's lookup to find a place through long/lat, plant a marker to that place on your GPS and then you could drive there with just the arrow or something (kinda like GTA before GTA4 did, this way I can navigate there while plotting my own route on the roads; we'd get much more mapping done this way.)
• phone: motorola milestone - android 2.1 • waze: 1.8.99.103 • car: renault megane •
Alty

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General