Waze Website Always Opens as Portuguese / Brazilian Language

Post by PSKrieger
This has only started happening in the last day or so.

Whenever I go to Waze.com the page loads in Portuguese. I can get it to display in English again using the combo in the bottom-right but I didn't have to do this before?

All my language settings online and in the Waze app are English or UK so I can't understand why this is happening?

Any ideas?
PSKrieger

POSTER_ID:17426491

Send a message

Post by PSKrieger
Scrub that - looks to be a problem with Chrome.

When I looked at my language settings I had English (UK) and English. When I clicked on English it said 'This language pack is unavailable' so I removed it. Since then it's opened the Waze website in English every time.

One to be aware of!
PSKrieger
Send a message

Post by sinine_ford
PSKrieger wrote:Scrub that - looks to be a problem with Chrome.

When I looked at my language settings I had English (UK) and English. When I clicked on English it said 'This language pack is unavailable' so I removed it.
How did you "remove it"?

My language settings are normally configured to English (UK). Yesterday I logged in to a computer which I hadn't used for a week or so, and website opened in Portuguese / Brazilian language. That was even before I logged in.

After logging in I went to settings and saw that my language was set to PORTUGUES-BRASIL. I switched it to English (UK) and it stayed that way until I logged out and closed the browser. After re-opening the browser it was back to Portuguese.

I removed all stored cookies for the waze.com website, which did not help.

Then I cleared the browser cache and that seemed to do it... until next morning. Now the problem is back.

This is happening with Firefox ESR 45.5.1 on FreeBSD. Language setting in browser is configured to en-us.
On another computer (Firefox 51 / Linux) I don't have this problem.
sinine_ford
Send a message