No seriously, what is Waze Cookie Eater Feet?

Post by Kairiste
Support doesn't come up with any answers and it sits there on my dashboard... mocking me. :?

Seriously though. What the heck is it?
Kairiste

POSTER_ID:8435045

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
redtruckroad wrote:I drive over them to and from work on a highway upgrade project and never get any credit. Guess it's not working as expected here?
It could be that someone else munched them first, but the app/map doesn't update live for this feature. It's ultimately up to the server to determine who gets "credit" for munching.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
Some roads have little dots on them... These are roads that haven't been traveled enough for Waze to have good data on directionality, geometry, turn restrictions, etc... When you drive on them, your icon turns into something similar to PacMan and "eats" the "cookies" (dots) off the road... You get extra points for doing this...

If there is any significant user base in where you are, these roads are few and far between. I've found them to be mostly newly created roads & cul-de-sacs that are well off main roads...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
It's measured in feet in the US (as in 12 inches), not in dots...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
jasonh300 wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:It's measured in feet in the US (as in 12 inches), not in dots...
Is dots some kind of metric measurement? Seems like I remember being warned about microdots when I was in school... :lol:
That was in direct response to the question:
Kairiste wrote:So I am guessing that my count is how many of those little dots I've eaten? or literally how many feet of that kind of road I have traveled?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:It's measured in feet in the US (as in 12 inches), not in dots...
Is dots some kind of metric measurement? Seems like I remember being warned about microdots when I was in school... :lol:
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Kairiste
Wow thanks so much - I was taking guesses but they were never even close to that - now I will know which way to go if I have a little extra time :)

So I am guessing that my count is how many of those little dots I've eaten? or literally how many feet of that kind of road I have traveled?
Kairiste
Send a message

Post by redtruckroad
I drive over them to and from work on a highway upgrade project and never get any credit. Guess it's not working as expected here?
redtruckroad
Send a message