Post by RecklessFire
AndyPoms wrote:
rups2000 wrote:lol. i thought they were physical candies that pop up on the map and you have to drive over them just to get that point (eg. you edited a map and you have to drive over that portion to verify)
They are physical candies that pop up on the map and you have to drive over them... HOWEVER, they don't show up at the point of the edit, just along your route (and if you don't drive over them, they will reappear later)

The candies always appear around holidays, so I'm sure there'll be another update out shortly with the pumpkin / turkey / candy cane candies!
RecklessFire
Send a message

Post by rups2000
"Candies"? What is this "candies popping up" you speak of? Sorry, I'm a noob so I'm still learning the points system but there's very little info out there about points (or least, that I could find on the wiki). For example, I didn't know you could get points by commenting on traffic updates.
rups2000
Send a message

Post by rups2000
lol. i thought they were physical candies that pop up on the map and you have to drive over them just to get that point (eg. you edited a map and you have to drive over that portion to verify)
rups2000
Send a message

Post by ryanerickson
weeezer14 wrote:Spending hours per day editing the maps will get you lots of points (...and angry family ;).
Yep.
ryanerickson
Send a message

Post by Spil
razor2k wrote:We may all may be future members of Wazeaholicsdotcom some day :lol:
Not a chance ... I hear that in order to join, you have to admit that you have a problem. :P :lol:
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Termin8r
AndyPoms wrote:
rups2000 wrote:lol. i thought they were physical candies that pop up on the map and you have to drive over them just to get that point (eg. you edited a map and you have to drive over that portion to verify)
They are physical candies that pop up on the map and you have to drive over them... HOWEVER, they don't show up at the point of the edit, just along your route (and if you don't drive over them, they will reappear later)

Good to know, I was under the impression that the points would be gone forever if you don't run them over in a certain time frame.
Termin8r
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
WeeeZer14 wrote:Spending hours per day editing the maps will get you lots of points (and carpel tunnel, and blurry eyes, and angry family ;) ) Additionally I get my points in batches because I actually do not have a daily commute. You get bonus points for edits, so when I do get in the car, I have bonuses for 1, 2, or even 3 weeks worth of edits waiting out there for me! Every 500 edits gives you a bonus candy. So I tend to either be at the top of the scoreboard for my state or somewhere at the bottom.
You better get out today, I just passed you up buddy.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Mr_GO_HERD wrote:Thanks for the reply! I have recently started updating the maps myself. So based on your reply you get more points for continuously updating maps?
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Poin ... culated.3F

How are points calculated?

You receive a different number of points for each activity as listed in the tables below. Note that the number of points you get for distance related activities is different when measured in miles and in kilometers. In effect you get the same points, the table just shows you the translation of the two measurements system.
Activity Points Unit
Road reporting1 6 per report
Report comments 3 per comment
Editing the map2 1.5 per edit3
Solving map update requests 3 per request solved
Adding street names 3 per name
Adding house numbers4 3 per house number
Forum posts 2 per 3 forum posts
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Not a problem. If you run into any issues or have any further questions please post here in the forums and we will help you out.
thefatveganchef
Send a message