Can't find a group I created.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Can't find a group I created.

Postby VOI_markk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:24 am

I am new user and had this same problem using the app on my iPhone. I had no problem finding the group using the website on my PC.

I noticed that if I used a generic search term, such as "avoid", the app would return groups that were within some x mile radius of me. Could it be that the mobile app only searches groups that are nearby, perhaps for performance reasons??
VOI_markk

Postby blond_tornado » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:36 am

I cant find groups I'm member of using search engine for groups. I would like to create a group, but maybe it already exist and I dont want to make a double. E
Any suggestions?
blond_tornado

Postby bargibargi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Find the same problem.
Doesn't appear searching on the phone but can find it using the website.
bargibargi

Postby pierreafeu1305 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 am

My friend have exactly the same problem!
I created a group on iPhone but my friends on Android can't find the group but pthers on iPhone yes and one another can find the group on Android on his tablet.

Is someone on waze's staff can answer please!!
Pierreafeu1305, AM 76/54.
pierreafeu1305
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby xRedfoxx » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Please help with this!! I have a group but no one can find it including me when I type either the entire name or portions of the name into the search engine.
xRedfoxx

Postby henrik242 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:55 pm

I've got the same problem. One of groups I have created show up without any problems, but another one is impossible to find.
henrik242

Postby escape2music » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:01 pm

So, is there really no solution to this? Or does it just take a few days for group database to update so that it becomes visible to others? I'm having the same problem with a group I created yesterday.
escape2music

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:04 pm

escape2music wrote:So, is there really no solution to this? Or does it just take a few days for group database to update so that it becomes visible to others? I'm having the same problem with a group I created yesterday.

Can you provide more details? When did you create it? Can you see it but no one else? What is the group name? What phone do you have?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby paulkok_my » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:28 pm

escape2music wrote:So, is there really no solution to this? Or does it just take a few days for group database to update so that it becomes visible to others? I'm having the same problem with a group I created yesterday.
Have you tried using Safari browser? I found that if I used Chrome or Firefox, I cannot also find the groups I created but with Safari browser I can view them.
ImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Send me a Telegram!
Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby escape2music » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:44 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:

Can you provide more details? When did you create it? Can you see it but no one else? What is the group name? What phone do you have?

It was created yesterday. Group name is BITOG. The only place I can see it is on my own phone (inside the the Waze app), which is Moto Razr M running Android 4.1.2. However, nobody else can see it and it does not show up when you search for it on https://www.waze.com/dashboard/groups/ either. I'm using Firefox browser on the PC, but I tried IE and Safari, and it doesn't show up there either.
escape2music

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General