Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Can't find a group I created.

Post by SarahHeleneUk
I created a group "BFBS" for the staff of my company who work around the world. It has 2 members.

Problem .. loads have tried to search for it ("BFBS") but Waze always returns the message "no groups containing BFBS" .. or something similar. BFBS appears in the group description too.

Why can't it be found ?
SarahHeleneUk

POSTER_ID:8003895

Send a message
Regards ..

Sarah Helene
North West Surrey.
UK

Post by Wolfeye
I can't find any groups at all. Except the two that I'm already assigned to.

http://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Wa ... n_50px.jpgHörnefors-Umeå
Uppdaterar svenska Wikin: http://world.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Sweden
Wolfeye
Send a message

Post by VOI_markk
I am new user and had this same problem using the app on my iPhone. I had no problem finding the group using the website on my PC.

I noticed that if I used a generic search term, such as "avoid", the app would return groups that were within some x mile radius of me. Could it be that the mobile app only searches groups that are nearby, perhaps for performance reasons??
VOI_markk
Send a message

Post by SarahHeleneUk
Glad it's not just me then .. ;)
SarahHeleneUk
Send a message
Regards ..

Sarah Helene
North West Surrey.
UK

Post by pierreafeu1305
My friend have exactly the same problem!
I created a group on iPhone but my friends on Android can't find the group but pthers on iPhone yes and one another can find the group on Android on his tablet.

Is someone on waze's staff can answer please!!
pierreafeu1305
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Pierreafeu1305, AM 76/54.
Votez pour vous, votez #MAVOIX !

Post by paulkok_my
escape2music wrote:So, is there really no solution to this? Or does it just take a few days for group database to update so that it becomes visible to others? I'm having the same problem with a group I created yesterday.
Have you tried using Safari browser? I found that if I used Chrome or Firefox, I cannot also find the groups I created but with Safari browser I can view them.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by MilwNate
I can't find any groups for the Milwaukee area online in my dashboard by searching?

I'm using FF and not IE.

About 20 nearby groups show up (for Chicago, 90 miles away from me) but NONE for Milwaukee show up, even though my friend's iphone version of the app finds them just fine?
MilwNate
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I heard there is a problem on the web interface for searches. Can you search for it and see it in the client?

As for vicinity, 10-20 miles should be acceptable. Note that they can likely only search for it from their client app though.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
escape2music wrote:PC browser issues aside, it still does not explain why the group I created isn't visible to others, even if they search for it using the Waze app on their phones.
Are the other users near you physically that cannot see your group? I understand the groups are only designed to be visible to others in the vicinity and not across states or countries.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I don't think it is necessarily unrelated.

I forgot to mention that I can see my "Waze test only" group when I do a search on my phone. I may be possible that the search is doing something through the servers that is getting messed up and some browsers and phones have more problems than others.

I have sent a message to the Waze team on this thread. Hopefully we will hear back if this is a known issue in process or something new to them.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message