Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Can't find a group I created.

Post by
I created a group "BFBS" for the staff of my company who work around the world. It has 2 members.

Problem .. loads have tried to search for it ("BFBS") but Waze always returns the message "no groups containing BFBS" .. or something similar. BFBS appears in the group description too.

Why can't it be found ?

POSTER_ID:8003895

Send a message

Post by amj8809
I was able to find it by searching from the dashboard (https://www.waze.com/dashboard/groups/), but not from my phone (Android). Maybe it's something wrong with the client?
amj8809
Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
This seems to be another anoying thing these days, same here and what i heard from other users in the german spoken community.
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by bargibargi
Find the same problem.
Doesn't appear searching on the phone but can find it using the website.
bargibargi
Send a message

Post by blond_tornado
I cant find groups I'm member of using search engine for groups. I would like to create a group, but maybe it already exist and I dont want to make a double. E
Any suggestions?
blond_tornado
Send a message

Post by C-Driver
Same problem here. We started a Group "Yes Please! to BRC" and it doesn't show up in search so our friends can't join in.
How can we remedy this?
Friends using GooglePlay.
Thanks!
C-Driver
Send a message

Post by cheval_de_neige
Same here in France : the group search engine does not return any entry, except the two groups I have created (but only visible by me, my friends can't join it, it is invisible for them)

Cedric
cheval_de_neige
Send a message

Post by escape2music
So, is there really no solution to this? Or does it just take a few days for group database to update so that it becomes visible to others? I'm having the same problem with a group I created yesterday.
escape2music
Send a message

Post by escape2music
kentsmith9 wrote:
escape2music wrote:So, is there really no solution to this? Or does it just take a few days for group database to update so that it becomes visible to others? I'm having the same problem with a group I created yesterday.
Can you provide more details? When did you create it? Can you see it but no one else? What is the group name? What phone do you have?
It was created yesterday. Group name is BITOG. The only place I can see it is on my own phone (inside the the Waze app), which is Moto Razr M running Android 4.1.2. However, nobody else can see it and it does not show up when you search for it on https://www.waze.com/dashboard/groups/ either. I'm using Firefox browser on the PC, but I tried IE and Safari, and it doesn't show up there either.
escape2music
Send a message

Post by escape2music
paulkok_my wrote:Have you tried using Safari browser?
I have tried Safari. No luck.
escape2music
Send a message

Post by escape2music
PC browser issues aside, it still does not explain why the group I created isn't visible to others, even if they search for it using the Waze app on their phones.
escape2music
Send a message