These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Car Icons - Pointer

Post by viccoh
Is there anyway to change the color of the pointer and/or add different vehicle icons... Thanks
viccoh

POSTER_ID:184858

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
You can add vehicle icons by modifying the icon files already installed. Note that this does nothing to change how other people see you on the map.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
Menu>My Waze>My Profile>My Car
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by codianosilva
weeezer14 wrote:The icon files are just PNG files. Edit or create new ones with your favorite image editor. Then replace the existing files on your device using your favorite file manager.

Details of how to edit the files varies widely based on your computer OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) and which software package you are using.

Details on how to replace the files varies widely based on your device OS (Android, iOS, jailbroken iOS), your computer OS (Windows, Mac, Linux), and which software package you are using.

There is no simple answer and it is an unsupported change that could corrupt your installation of Waze or your entire device. (Very small probability, but still possible.)
What is the location of these .png files? I not found in the APP or the program folders...
codianosilva
Send a message

Post by CoffeeMech
Delete!
CoffeeMech
Send a message
Last edited by CoffeeMech on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by CoffeeMech
I guess the question is -already know it's a PNG, For those not jail broken - if dimensions, color depth, frames if available, can be submitted.. then a menu to download from customized or community submitted. This will expose the app as it opens an opportunity for an outside threat! Not to mention reapplying the app for device usage approval!
I would stick to the do it at your own risk-
or the more flexible / beaurocratic way, would be to submit the artwork and if developers find suitable then they could improve graphics for app performance then provide us with an update in the future with a few more vehicles to chose from .

Am I close?
CoffeeMech
Send a message

Post by Punisher1981
Hi!

Is it possible to send an icon to add it for the next update?
If yes, what is the pixel dimensions needed? (I have note the *.png format)

Is the app sponsored by the car brands that are already in it (Porsche, Smart...)?

Thanks!
Punisher1981
Send a message

Post by Termin8r
I would also like to know how to modify icon files.
Termin8r
Send a message

Post by viccoh
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:You can add vehicle icons by modifying the icon files already installed. Note that this does nothing to change how other people see you on the map.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
How do you modify the icon files?
viccoh
Send a message

Post by vince1612
CodianoSilva wrote:
weeezer14 wrote:...
What is the location of these .png files? I not found in the APP or the program folders...
You quoted and replied to a post from 2012..

We recommend not to post in threads older than 6 months as very often any information it contains is outdated and irrelevant since new app upgrades have been made.

It is normal that you can't find the folder if you're looking at advice from 4 years ago.

Please search for a more recent thread or open a new one if you can't find the answer to your question elsewhere.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png