Fastest/shortest route option

Post by senoke
Under settings>navigation there was an option to choose between Waze prioritizing the fastest route or the shortest route. I no longer see this option here or under any of the other menu options. Is this option completely removed? If it is,does anyone know why?
senoke

POSTER_ID:17526731

Send a message

Post by renoel
Just noticed that this very useful feature is now missing. How bizarre. To be reintroduced in a ‘premium’ version at a co$t ?
renoel
Send a message

Post by reinadezt
Now the only reason for me to use Waze is to ignore their provided path (always the dumbest) and to see radars, speed of the roads (in Brazil the signs are usually bad), etc. The app is becoming useless each update.
reinadezt
Send a message

Post by ranttine
Toddl68 wrote:I was using the shortest option very very often because I use Waze for cruising with my convertible through the countryside preferably on the smallest roads. Use case: select a target village and then use "shortest route", at arrival repeat with next village.
I will need to look for a new navigation app!
I've done road trips exactly the same way. Nice way to see new landscapes and enjoy less travelled backways. Back in the days when I was using TomTom, I often intentionally tried to get lost and then drive to a known place through shortest route.
ranttine
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by PiterMurdock
The thing is, I constantly receive a mix of routes between the fastest and the shortest. One night, while working as an Uber Driver, Waze gave me the shortest route, despite having an almost empty main road besides the one the app provided me. And that's what I'm getting most frequently this days. Id like to have the option back, or at least reassure me that the fastest and smoothest (without many turns) route is always the first one shown by the app
PiterMurdock
Send a message

Post by PiterMurdock
I too am having the same issue. It's kinda hard to see which route is the best given I work as Uber driver, and can't stop to choose some of the given options when driving to unknown destinations. Please help
PiterMurdock
Send a message

Post by jm6087
This option was removed many years ago.  You can search the Uservoice for others who have suggested the feature be added or create your own.

https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... estion-box
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by JeremyChewDino
Kinda sad top see this feature disappear. Found it particularly useful when i take uber & grab in Malaysioa when i'd prefer the shortest route for the cheapest fare. Nowadays I use Uber & Grab coupons to get discounts instead.
JeremyChewDino
Send a message

Post by jebby7
OK, I didn't know that. It's a shame, but I guess Waze is getting less usable with every update. Not to mention those annoying large pop-up adverts.
jebby7
Send a message

Post by jebby7
I have a route I use regularly and have Waze running for route info delays, like roadworks, etc. I used to be able to pick the shortest route and now Waze only gives me three different longer routes.
As can be seen from the screenshot the fastest is 2 hours 44 and 105 miles. The (shortest) route I normally take is no longer even offered. BUT, Google Maps still shows it (98 miles ; 2 hours 26).
If Google run Waze these days, why can't I get the same route offered on Waze?
jebby7
Send a message
Attachments