Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by EricRFMA
Wow, Alan! That's a mouthful!

Just want to check one thing... you're citing iOS, but I have an Android phone... how might that effect you answers!

Thanks again!

-Eric
EricRFMA
Send a message

Post by EricRFMA
Well, I suppose if "Route to speaker" and "Prefer BT" are mutually exclusive then, technically, you only need one.

I'll have a closer look at your comments when I have a chance. I'm sure there's some crossover between platforms. In fact, I've gotten bitten by the volume one you mention. I think. There are a few volume sliders in the Android settings->Sound panel, and Waze has its own. I had the "main" volume down at one point, and Waze was quite audible, but on another occasion it wasn't until I turned up the "main" volume.

Very confusing!

Thanks again for your help... if it doesn't apply to me directly, I'm sure it will help some iOS user with the same question(s!)

-Eric
EricRFMA
Send a message

Post by EricRFMA
From some mucking around today, I've discovered the following... I think... it got confusing.

If "Media Audio" is set to "on" for the Bluetooth device (Sync) in the system Settings, then sound will come through the sync system if the Sync system is set to Bluetooth Streaming. If it's set to Bluetooth Streaming it doesn't play anything other than what's coming in through Bluetooth, which means no playing the radio, CD, anything else. It doesn't matter what the Waze "Route sound to speaker" setting is.

So, so far, I haven't found the necessary voodoo spell to get Waze voice nav to interrupt what's playing through the Sync system, like a phone call would. Maybe the Android version is awaiting the "Prefer BT" option? For now, it's all through the Samsung's speaker.

Stay tuned to this channel for more late-breaking developments as they happen...
EricRFMA
Send a message

Post by gerben
Isn't the Prefer BT an iOS only option?
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by girevikkb
Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I'm having similar problems. I just got a car with bluetooth, and ever since I did I've lost my directions. I've tried the 'route to speakers' option both ways, and I never hear the guidance.

Like serveral folks in the thread, I have a Galaxy S3. Has anyone found how to configure it to get the sounds from Waze?
girevikkb
Send a message

Post by girevikkb
Nacron wrote:The only way for sound to come out of you car stereo from Waze (on Android anyway) is to have it as your Bluetooth media option on the car stereo. You cannot have Waze interrupt radio or CD operation on your car stereo. You either have to live with having the navigation directions come out of the phone's loudspeaker or streaming music from your phone with the Waze audio playing with it.
I would love to get the directions from the phone's speaker. I don't get them at all when it's connected to BT, regadless of how I configure the sound settings in Waze.
girevikkb
Send a message

Post by girevikkb
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Play sound to speaker" does nothing? Does Android keep a separate volume setting for phone speaker vs other output method?
Nope, not when on bluethooth. Not sure about the separate volume, but there is a volume in Waze that's al the way up.
girevikkb
Send a message

Post by girevikkb
Just to clarify, I'm not looking to have the sounds played over bluetooth. I'd like it over the phone speakers so I can get the notifications regardless of whether I'm listening to a BT source or just the regular radio.
girevikkb
Send a message

Post by girevikkb
I did the uninstall \ reinstall today and will test on my way home. I did verify that the "route to speakers" works as expected with headphones...when I have my headphones plugged in and check the "route to speaker", I hear it on the phone's speakers and when it's not checked I hear it through the headphones.
girevikkb
Send a message

Post by girevikkb
So I confirmed the behavior. I'm still not getting the sound with the phone connected to BT, but when I turned BT off on my phone I could here it.

Does anyone know how I got about submitting this to support? I can't find how to do that.
girevikkb
Send a message