Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bez513 wrote:I'd like to see a mobile speed camera option. Sometimes the mobile speed camera is there, sometimes its not. So add that icon and allow people to remove it if it's no longer there. I have me using the hidden police icon instead so people can remove it if needed.
This is police (speed trap). In most places, it is required to be operated by a police officer and are rarely an automated machine with no one there. Police is the proper tag for mobile speed cameras. (This has been discussed MANY times in the forums.)

We may, in the future, get an option under Police for speed camera.
All the ones we have here are unattended. But I think the police watch Waze because every time a mobile camera has ever been approved, they move it elsewhere and don't put it back until it's removed from the Waze Map. I kept one off of my route to work for 6 months like that.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by mouseRider
It's probably worth noting that there are "red light cameras" that are there to give people tickets and then there are "traffic cameras" that are there to either control the lights or for security.

The light control and security cameras are usually mounted on the overhead traffic light poles, smaller, security camera looking things, those are obviously pretty moot to mark.

The "red light cameras" are usually mounted several yards behind the junction itself, so that they can capture the plates as the cars drive by. They are usually larger, in a box and are on their own poles.

Several states in the US require appropriate signs to warn drivers of their presence but not all.

In certain states, like in MD and AZ, I've seen mobile ones at construction sites or just on the side of the road, mounted to retractable booms on a trailer or on top of an SUV squad car. Those are often not marked in advance by signs.
mouseRider
Send a message

Post by Saupskalle
jasonh300 wrote:There's an entire Wiki page that outlines (with pictures) every detail about speed and red light cameras and how to handle them.
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Cameras
Saupskalle
Send a message

Post by techross
Having the same problem in our area. Speed traps all over the place and showing in the app. Been deleting where I can but so annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...
Please excuse typos & strange autocorrects.
techross
Send a message

Post by xtago
You to be 100% sure there ate no cameras, some places have cameras but they aren't on a pole but hidden.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
xtago
Send a message