Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by K4UNX
I edit maps so that I can have all the parking lots, walking trails, railroads, airports, taxiways, horse trails, horse tracks, and islands mapped near me.

Just kidding! :) </IGN>
K4UNX
Send a message
Kennett Square, PA Based Area Manager
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
iPhone 4 (AT&T) • "New" iPad (AT&T) • IOS 6.0

Post by knipfty
I live in gated community and every GPS (including Waze) routes people to the back gate. :evil: I updated the back gate to be a private road today. Now I will wait and see if Waze avoids the gate. I also added a landmark where the gate is.

Does anyone know how long it take for my updates to populate the rest of the Waze community? Does anyone have to look at it and approve the change?
knipfty
Send a message

Post by kodi75
ghbrett wrote:I am new to Waze, but I want to make sure my neighborhood is correctly mapped. Plus there are changes happening and I'd like other Wazers to know about them like the Dunkin Donut shop that just opened up on the corner near here.
Someone else is sure to chime in, but business locations are handled by Bing and the other search providers. We do not map each individual store because (1) they often change and would be extremely difficult to keep track of and update the map every time a moving van shows up, and (2) it would clutter up the map, making the map on your cell phone useless for its primary purpose: to get you from A to B.

See the "Simplicity" and "Landmarks Guidelines" links on my signature line.

But sincere thanks for your interest in helping out the community!
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
I'm a practical joker and I love to see people running around in circles.
What better playground can you ask for than this ? :grin:

That sounds way better than :
I hate it when shizz doesn't work, and I love it when I can actually fix it myself and still benefit from my own work.
And NO, just in case you wondered, the addiction and the competitive edge does not play any role at all, and I'll keep telling myself that.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by lordkaosu
gryzman wrote:Because I like the idea of community working on content like that, some of it makes really sense.
However, when I encounter moments like this: I like to scream and give up.
Please make the video public!
lordkaosu
Send a message

Post by lordkaosu
I edit maps so the routing works.

I really like the routes Waze chooses over Google or other nav apps I have tried. The maps are the weakest point but at least I can help that out.
lordkaosu
Send a message

Post by Machete808
I love the community aspect of Waze; I warn drivers about a car on the shoulder of the highway at dusk, and a few minutes later, I get a thank you! (Of course, there's the satisfaction of tipping people off about the police, too!)

I got into editing because I noticed problems in the map and wanted to fix them. The reality was, I would need to do a whole lot of work before gaining enough access, but it was an interesting learning curve!

I realize that there's a business aspect to this, but I also love that it's a global project, with very practical goals. Not many of those.
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by mattlach
A little bit of a perfectionist here.

When things aren't right, it bothers me, so I fix them.
mattlach
Send a message

I had 3 iPhones in a row. (original > 3G > 4) NEVER AGAIN!

Post by Olestas
Dont know.. I edit to see how it works after that :D
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olorin17
harling wrote:In terms of personality typing, I'm an Idealist (NF) rather than a Rational (NT). So although I too am a software engineer by profession, I'm less motivated by the technology per se, and more so by a sense that this is a worthwhile project in human terms. I contribute to Waze because I like the concept of crowdsourcing, and collaborative efforts to make systems work.
Well said.
Olorin17
Send a message