Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

New to waze

Post by jambot
Hello all I am new to waze. I am up in bellingham washington where I do not think there are many waze users.

I have been reading and I read it helps the community as long as you have waze up and running. All gps tracks are useful?

I am going to start driving a paper route again... Would it be detrimental to run waze while doing route driving? Or will it prob learn a bunch of new streets and stuff?

Another question I have. I was looking to get directions to my primary job and searched for the address of where I work and it pulled up a bunch of other addresses but not the one I wanted. How do I go in and fix this?

Looking forward to working with waze as I see a lot of potential for this app.
Thanks for all the help
jambot

POSTER_ID:8146

Send a message

Post by jambot
The only downside I see is that when driving a paper route you normally are travelling at a greater speed then the speed limit between deliveries. Then again the stop and goes should get the software a decent average speed for the road. I was going to use my tracks by google to record mileage for tax purposes this time around instead of doing it by hand... I will also run waze at the same time if I can.

Now for my other question how do i add the address for my work?
4876 Haxton Way 98248. Which is ferndale washington
jambot
Send a message

Post by mysoulishome
I would say it would be helpful to have waze on while you're driving a paper route. It records where you drive and how fast, confirming streets and eventually will take into account average speed on roads, highways etc to create routes that will actually get you there the fastest. I'm guessing you're starting and stopping won't be a big deal because you will be delivering on residential streets which don't have a high speed limit anyway and Waze would not route through them normally.

Someday waze will be able to use our real data to route based on real ground speed, traffic etc...compared with other static gps maps that base routing on hypothetical speed limits...not real driving conditions.

Have fun!
mysoulishome
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Indeed I see Ferndale Washington is not identified in the map, but if you search for 4876 Haxton Way Washington it will be first on list so you can select to ''Show on Map" and then you can select the 'Pin' option to create the exact location as a 'Marked location'. If you then select to view it in the 'search' list you can save it as a favorite. A workaround until we get Ferndale as a city name.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message