Waze Use Questions

Post by sorcererdale
I just recently was to an area where there were lots of Waze users and now I have questions:

1. I saw some Waze icons on my screen on the Waze map that looked like they carried a sword, had different colored hats on and some Waze icons were even different colors. What do the colors mean and how does one acquire a hat or sword?

2. I had some Wazers Ping me, but I couldn't respond because I was driving. Can I voice a response to them and it will show up as text to them?

3. One Wazer thanked me for letting them know there was a cop at a certain location, how did they know it came from me?

4. When my friends use Waze and go somewhere, I get a text from them (probably forwarded to my phone from Twitter or some other social network) similar to this: "Driving to (location), sharing real-time road info with Wazers in my area. ETA (time) using @waze - Drive Social!" How can I send my info out to others? What are the steps I must take or do to make this happen? Do I have to type all of that or is it automatic?

Thank you for your assistance.

DALE.
sorcererdale

POSTER_ID:5943137

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
sorcererdale wrote:1. I saw some Waze icons on my screen on the Waze map that looked like they carried a sword, had different colored hats on and some Waze icons were even different colors. What do the colors mean and how does one acquire a hat or sword?
https://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/You ... ation_rank
sorcererdale wrote:2. I had some Wazers Ping me, but I couldn't respond because I was driving. Can I voice a response to them and it will show up as text to them?
Theoretically, yes... Click the microhphone. It may or may not work on your particular device.
sorcererdale wrote:3. One Wazer thanked me for letting them know there was a cop at a certain location, how did they know it came from me?
They pressed the "Thumbs Up" button... It sends an automatic thanks...
sorcererdale wrote:4. When my friends use Waze and go somewhere, I get a text from them (probably forwarded to my phone from Twitter or some other social network) similar to this: "Driving to (location), sharing real-time road info with Wazers in my area. ETA (time) using @waze - Drive Social!" How can I send my info out to others? What are the steps I must take or do to make this happen? Do I have to type all of that or is it automatic?
Link your Facebook and/or Twitter to your Waze & turn on the sharing. Menu->My Waze->Social Networks->
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Bigbear3764
4. You can also share your destination eta with people in your contacts by selecting your route, go back to menu and hit share. Then it will ask if you want to do it by email or text. Once you do that, it automatically populates text, all you have to do is select who gets it. I drive my wife crazy when I send her these texts, but it is quick and now she uses it to text me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message