Website login != Forum login

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Website login != Forum login

Postby Timbones » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:58 am

Login to http://www.waze.com/forum/ucp.php and tick the box labeled "Log me on automatically each visit".
You'll never need to login (to the forum) ever again! :)
Timbones(6) • UK Country Admin & Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Beta Editor and Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour Highlights v1.8 (Feb 2014)WME Route Tester
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:08 pm

PS: I've found that "Log me on automatically each visit" only actually works on the www forum, not the world forum. So, I always visit www.waze.com/forum and not the world one.
Timbones(6) • UK Country Admin & Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Beta Editor and Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour Highlights v1.8 (Feb 2014)WME Route Tester
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Website login != Forum login

Postby torbengb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:22 am

There's a login link at the top of every page, but even when I'm logged in there I am often not logged into the forum. There must be some kind of time-out on the forum session, but there is no separate forum login link.

Not being logged into the forum means it doesn't indicate which subforums have new responses. To see that, I often have to click "reply" on any random topic (just to get a login prompt!) and then not post any reply after all.

Can I ask for a forum login link to be shown? Or even better, make the site login also valid for the forum - that would be elegant. Thank you!
Torben | Waze Grown-Up | Korneuburg, Austria | LG Nexus 4 (stock Android 4.2.2) | Waze 3.6.0.0 .
torbengb

Postby torbengb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:20 am

Robin1979's link was useful -- this works:
http://world.waze.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=login

The forum session still times out even though the site session remains, but at least with this link I'll be able to renew the forum session without having to fake a reply post.
Last edited by torbengb on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torben | Waze Grown-Up | Korneuburg, Austria | LG Nexus 4 (stock Android 4.2.2) | Waze 3.6.0.0 .
torbengb

Re: Re: Website login != Forum login

Postby torbengb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:29 pm

mssusa wrote:for waze login in general, browsers do not save or offer to save my credentials like other sites. I always have to type my id and password.
True, that's also a bother. Not even my automatic login managers can detect+fill+submit the Waze login form :cry:
torbengb

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General