Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Website login != Forum login

Post by torbengb
There's a login link at the top of every page, but even when I'm logged in there I am often not logged into the forum. There must be some kind of time-out on the forum session, but there is no separate forum login link.

Not being logged into the forum means it doesn't indicate which subforums have new responses. To see that, I often have to click "reply" on any random topic (just to get a login prompt!) and then not post any reply after all.

Can I ask for a forum login link to be shown? Or even better, make the site login also valid for the forum - that would be elegant. Thank you!
torbengb
Localizers
Localizers

POSTER_ID:10837147

Send a message
Torben | Knight Wazer | Korneuburg, Austria | Samsung Galaxy S10 (stock Android12, OneUI 4.1) | Waze 4.94.0.3 .

Post by torbengb
mssusa wrote:for waze login in general, browsers do not save or offer to save my credentials like other sites. I always have to type my id and password.
True, that's also a bother. Not even my automatic login managers can detect+fill+submit the Waze login form :cry:
torbengb
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message
Torben | Knight Wazer | Korneuburg, Austria | Samsung Galaxy S10 (stock Android12, OneUI 4.1) | Waze 4.94.0.3 .

Post by torbengb
Robin1979's link was useful -- this works:
http://world.waze.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=login

The forum session still times out even though the site session remains, but at least with this link I'll be able to renew the forum session without having to fake a reply post.
torbengb
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message
Last edited by torbengb on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Timbones
PS: I've found that "Log me on automatically each visit" only actually works on the www forum, not the world forum. So, I always visit www.waze.com/forum and not the world one.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries