Login Failed:Wrong login details.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Login Failed:Wrong login details.

Postby LoungeLizard » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:20 pm

How am I writing support??? what kind of question is that? The support link on this web site is where I wrote support. My wife used the app, under the "Ask a question" function - which brings one to the same (or similar) web page as this site's support link - where you have to type a search term or a question. Then click on "Ask an Agent: EMAIL" - to fill in the problem/issue form. The problem with the form, though - is one of the fields is "username" - and if you have an issue with "username" and if the form is validated against the same process as the login functions, then how could you report a problem??? Though if I fill the form out with my wife's credentials, it does seem that the submission does in fact occur. But, because there is no reply after a number of days, we have to assume something is not getting through to support.

So, now I write in a more public arena - hoping we can get the issue resolved.

-- Lounge Lizard
LoungeLizard

Postby LoungeLizard » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:51 pm

6. Did your wife signin with Facebook? If so, she was assigned a random usa_ or world_ username that she'd have to recover.

So - saying that if she did sign-in with Facebook (this could be possible), then how would she recover the username?

Personally, I never link social network accounts with any other account, no matter the inherent "convenience" since I am an IT Professional and know how easy it is to compromise one system and thereby getting potential access to lots of other user data. I try to convey this to all I know - but sometimes my warnings fall on deaf ears. This is just another example of not having the control one expects from putting your faith "in the cloud" and relinquishing too much. Even though I work with and promote use of cloud technologies - there are many loopholes and unknown transients that can be potential security risks. Care should always be a diligent factor...

Regardless, thanks for your insightful answer! This puts me at least a step further along the path of enlightenment on why my wife is having this issue. Now, I have another question to pose to support on being able to recover a possible Facebook-signed account...

-- LoungeLizard
LoungeLizard

Postby LoungeLizard » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Issue is NOW RESOLVED! Thanks to AndyPoms for suggesting using the forgot password feature and typing in all the various possible email accounts used to originally set up the account. With that, I discovered my wife used her GMAIL account to set this up and got the password reset to something she'll remember. And, another crisis is now averted and Waze remains an app we're both continuing to use.

:P

-- LoungeLizard
LoungeLizard

Postby mblitch » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm having the same issue. Cannot login through the app. Everything fine via this dashboard, and I checked case sensitivity, but still fails to log in.
mblitch

Postby oldbay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:38 pm

I don't see any way to change the email I used to create my account. I had a typo when I put I registered so it's the wrong email address. Can I change this or do I need to create a new account?
oldbay

Postby Twofat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Please verify login details are accurate.

I just put Waze on my new phone and that is what it says.

The information on my profile here is fine, and I'm able to log in just fine, but on the app on my smartphone I cannot seem to and am marked as a "newbie"

Help? I kinda want to use my profile and don't want to start a new one just because I have a new phone.

Fats.
Twofat

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General