Login Failed:Wrong login details.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Login Failed:Wrong login details.

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:44 pm

1) Waze transitioned to the NanoRep form you used, CBenson was making sure you weren't using the old support email address that is no longer monitored.

2) Waze has said there is a backlog in the support system & they are working very hard to clear it.

3) A few users have reported never hearing back from support - but the emails ended up in their ISP's spam filters. Have you checked there?

4) Usernames are case-sensitive. So if you try to login on the app as "loungelizard" it won't work, you need to use "LoungeLizard". It's most likely that way for passwords too.

5) I'm pretty sure the support form doesn't validate the username as non-users can use it to ask for pre-install support/install problems. Waze even has a small subset of users that have never created a Waze account.

6) Did your wife signin with Facebook? If so, she was assigned a random usa_ or world_ username that she'd have to recover.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby LoungeLizard » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:51 pm

6. Did your wife signin with Facebook? If so, she was assigned a random usa_ or world_ username that she'd have to recover.

So - saying that if she did sign-in with Facebook (this could be possible), then how would she recover the username?

Personally, I never link social network accounts with any other account, no matter the inherent "convenience" since I am an IT Professional and know how easy it is to compromise one system and thereby getting potential access to lots of other user data. I try to convey this to all I know - but sometimes my warnings fall on deaf ears. This is just another example of not having the control one expects from putting your faith "in the cloud" and relinquishing too much. Even though I work with and promote use of cloud technologies - there are many loopholes and unknown transients that can be potential security risks. Care should always be a diligent factor...

Regardless, thanks for your insightful answer! This puts me at least a step further along the path of enlightenment on why my wife is having this issue. Now, I have another question to pose to support on being able to recover a possible Facebook-signed account...

-- LoungeLizard
LoungeLizard

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm going to PM you... Please check it and respond...
USA Country Manager
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby LoungeLizard » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Issue is NOW RESOLVED! Thanks to AndyPoms for suggesting using the forgot password feature and typing in all the various possible email accounts used to originally set up the account. With that, I discovered my wife used her GMAIL account to set this up and got the password reset to something she'll remember. And, another crisis is now averted and Waze remains an app we're both continuing to use.

:P

-- LoungeLizard
LoungeLizard

Postby oldbay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:38 pm

I don't see any way to change the email I used to create my account. I had a typo when I put I registered so it's the wrong email address. Can I change this or do I need to create a new account?
oldbay

Postby AndyPoms » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:38 pm

oldbay wrote:I don't see any way to change the email I used to create my account. I had a typo when I put I registered so it's the wrong email address. Can I change this or do I need to create a new account?

You should be able to update your email on Your Dashboard (link at the very top of the page in the menu).
USA Country Manager
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby MoonLyght » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Sadly , I am experiencing the same .. . And for the same issue as noted above, I will simply go somewhere else.
MoonLyght

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General