Login Failed:Wrong login details.

Post by Twofat
Login Failed:Wrong login details.
Please verify login details are accurate.

I just put Waze on my new phone and that is what it says.

The information on my profile here is fine, and I'm able to log in just fine, but on the app on my smartphone I cannot seem to and am marked as a "newbie"

Help? I kinda want to use my profile and don't want to start a new one just because I have a new phone.

Fats.
Twofat

POSTER_ID:2336138

Send a message

Post by Underrwood
I have constant connectivity issues with waze on my Android (Searching Network and then unable to connect). Over Wifi it works like a charm, but never over mobile network.

I searched this forum, found a workaround posted by Brshk1 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 and at first it seemed to do the trick, but.. now during Signing In, it says Login Failed: Wrong login details. So back to the forum, found only this thread, so... believe me, I am and have been very attentive to everything case sensitive (User, Nick, password), but still nothing.

Any advice, ppl?

I'm running Waze 3.2.2.2 on a Samsung Galaxy SII
Underrwood
Send a message

Post by oldbay
I don't see any way to change the email I used to create my account. I had a typo when I put I registered so it's the wrong email address. Can I change this or do I need to create a new account?
oldbay
Send a message

Post by MoonLyght
Sadly , I am experiencing the same .. . And for the same issue as noted above, I will simply go somewhere else.
MoonLyght
Send a message

Post by mblitch
I'm having the same issue. Cannot login through the app. Everything fine via this dashboard, and I checked case sensitivity, but still fails to log in.
mblitch
Send a message

Post by LoungeLizard
Issue is NOW RESOLVED! Thanks to AndyPoms for suggesting using the forgot password feature and typing in all the various possible email accounts used to originally set up the account. With that, I discovered my wife used her GMAIL account to set this up and got the password reset to something she'll remember. And, another crisis is now averted and Waze remains an app we're both continuing to use.

:P

-- LoungeLizard
LoungeLizard
Send a message

Post by LoungeLizard
6. Did your wife signin with Facebook? If so, she was assigned a random usa_ or world_ username that she'd have to recover.
So - saying that if she did sign-in with Facebook (this could be possible), then how would she recover the username?

Personally, I never link social network accounts with any other account, no matter the inherent "convenience" since I am an IT Professional and know how easy it is to compromise one system and thereby getting potential access to lots of other user data. I try to convey this to all I know - but sometimes my warnings fall on deaf ears. This is just another example of not having the control one expects from putting your faith "in the cloud" and relinquishing too much. Even though I work with and promote use of cloud technologies - there are many loopholes and unknown transients that can be potential security risks. Care should always be a diligent factor...

Regardless, thanks for your insightful answer! This puts me at least a step further along the path of enlightenment on why my wife is having this issue. Now, I have another question to pose to support on being able to recover a possible Facebook-signed account...

-- LoungeLizard
LoungeLizard
Send a message