Recording New roads Query

Post by freedirk
I have just started using this today, seems like a great idea, and a search of the forums and the wiki have failed to give me an answer, so I wondered if someone here knew . . .

In my area there is minimal coverage. A few major roads, but they are broken and disconnected from anything else. So I am using the record road feature, but as they are all missing, should I just click record and drive (I am a taxi driver so cover alot of ground) all day, or do I have to click it on and off at each seperate road I enter? Cos that would be a pain in the arse.

If I just go to work and record a continous path, will it assume that Leyland is a town of one road, 97 winding miles long?
freedirk

POSTER_ID:209960

Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
even if not using "record new roads" your tracks will be recorded and shown in your dashboard. It will be necessary to edit them both ways, using "record new roads" the waze servers will convert your tracks to roads automatically (mostly only some of them) but you will get double roads when the gps tracks are not close enough when driving the same road again.

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by zzyzxuk
Feel free to record one long continuous path if you want - but the real help will be if you, about 48 hours after you record the roads, then go into "Cartouche" (you go to the map on the website and then edit the roads you've added - when you do this, you can then split the big windy road into smaller bits, and give the sections names.

Will take a little trial and error to learn how to do it, but it's worth it. And fun. :P
zzyzxuk
Send a message