Can you turn off points?

Post by joshxs
I have recently started using waze, I like the idea of real time traffic etc, but I have a few gripes...

1)Is there a way to stop points/collecting sweeties etc? I find it distracting.

2)Can you turn off the constant traffic updates that are not on my route? I have pop up telling me of a traffic jam 20miles away in the opposite direction! I prefer the tomtom route of alerting you quietly and then just rerouting you with minimal fuss.

3) Why does the ETA change have to pop up in the middle of the screen? Can't the ETA display just flash red/green the number of minutes changed then revert back to the ETA?

4)If you have to have pop ups, can you adjust the time on screen? I have missed turns as I couldn't see the map behind, and I don't want to keep pressing the cancel button.

I like the concept of Waze, but would like to be able to customise it to suit me. My Iphone screen is only 3.5 inches and need as much of that as possible to display the maps. I find that the constant noises and pings, and pop ups is almost as bad as using a mobile whist driving!
joshxs

POSTER_ID:11847878

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
1. You can't turn off points collection, but you can hide goodies. It will still beep, and your icon will change when you eat it though, because it is still really there, just "hiding" visually only.

2. No, you can only reduce the event radius to 5 miles. We're hopeful for a future update with more granular/better preferences

3. That would be nice, yes. I would still like the "found a better route" notification to pop up, but the ETA change only doesn't need to alert like that. We could request that change.

4. Each popup type has a different timer length. What is the ETA one set to? We could request that be changed.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by yewchuenn
Disable your internet. Your route, drive, reports etc will not show up. If you're going to use it for navigation, search the place first then turn off your mobile data and you should be fine.
yewchuenn
Send a message