Data lag between my device and site

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Data lag between my device and site

Postby BorderlineCool » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:00 pm

It seems like it takes weeks sometimes for my drives to appear on this site.

Even stranger is the inconsistency in the points-tallying, which I really don't care about but seems to reveal some sort of data lag.

A little info: I'm based in Barbados, and so have the opportunity to do a fair amount of paving of roads. I'd like to be able to go back and edit those maps on the site.

For instance, about a week ago, I used Waze several times, and mapped several new roads. That was at least six days ago and probably longer, and I still can't access those drives on the site. Furthermore, the only drives accessible on the site are from September, which is so far back that I apparently can not edit those drives either, leaving me pretty much dead in the water.

This also happened to me a few months back. It took so long for the September drives to show up that I kinda forgot about it - until it was too late to edit them, of course.

On another note, when I log into the site, it says I have over 10,000 points. But my device says I only have about 6500 points.

So, somewhere, there is an issue in transferring data back and forth between my device and the site. If anything, you would think my device would be thinking I have MORE points, not less. Otherwise, my recent drives should at least be showing up.

[NOTE: My device automatically connects to wifi at home and I have a solid mobile data package, so connectivity should not be a problem]

Finally, is it possible that there is an issue with my username? Is it case-sensitive?

Because I can log into my device using both upper and lowercase without a problem (it seems to show the same data either way - 6500 points), but when I try to log into the site, it forces me to use the proper case.

That is all.
BorderlineCool

Re: Data lag between my device and site

Postby BorderlineCool » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:19 pm

I believe I have found the problem.

Being in Barbados, I need to log into the World site.

So I guess I have 10,000 points in America, and 6500 points in the world.

I guess they don't combine.
BorderlineCool

Return to Website, Community, General