Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Preferred routes and drive times

Post by mmdmurphy
I have 3 ways to get home (San Fran area), 280, El Camino, and 101.
I'd like to see a feature where I could put in my 3 routes, and it would tell me which one was the quickest route (based on traffic conditions). Anyone who knows the area can tell you it's sometimes faster to take city streets (El Camino) that the freeway (101) depending on traffic (and 280 is about 5 miles out of my way - but traffic is moving quickly, sometimes it's a better choice). Seems like someone ought to be able to add this feature.
mmdmurphy

POSTER_ID:11705883

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze doesn't learn preferred routes. The three route alternatives it already does give you should be the 3 fastest (or shortest depending on your setting), based on known road speeds and current traffic conditions.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CBenson
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The three route alternatives it already does give you should be the 3 fastest (or shortest depending on your setting), based on known road speeds and current traffic conditions.
Yeah, but it would be a really nice feature to be able to specify a route and see what time waze thinks the route takes. Then you could more confidence that the 3 given really are the 3 fastest.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by kgilding
I have been asking for this feature for almost 2 years already. It's VERY SAD that Google Maps and Apple Maps give me Every Known Route to my work and home, including the routes I take, but Waze gives me Routes NO ONE WOULD TAKE , unless you like ripping it through one lane roads, neighborhoods, and business areas or taking the Freeway aka the route everyone takes.

I just say use multiple apps. If you need Traffic updates, open Waze and learn to read the map without a route to guide you. If you need directions use another app, Not Waze.
kgilding
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
kgilding wrote:If you need directions use another app, Not Waze.
I have found Waze to be much more accurate than any of the options you mention.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by Olestas
I found, that often waze gives only 1 route. Even if there 100% are many different ways around. There should always be 3 routes. Because once we had a road closed in city for day, but waze tried to navigate ONLY through this road and did not give any other routes. I had to drive around in other direction until it finally gave other route.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message