Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

History

Post by hohum3001
Will my iPhone (or Android et al) store historical data on my phone?

I'm not really keen on sharing my exact travels with the public in such a way that they're attributable to me, but I would like to see historical data of my trips. The way around this is to keep a local history on my device, yes?

What I'd love to see are the answers to questions like how fast my routes actually were & eventually to use that data to program into my phone MY preferred route.

Out of the realms of possibility?
hohum3001

POSTER_ID:10648652

Send a message

Post by asterix06
And any UR you post is coded with a number so no one can see where you are.
Obviously if you show you avatar.....
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by dmcconachie
Your drives are visible online but only to you.

via tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by floppyrod84
You need to make sure you are on the correct server. Also, judging by your username here on the forum, you haven't officially signed up to Waze.
Go through the sign up process, pick a username and password and your points will transfer over, not sure previous drives will though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
If Waze takes you an odd way there is always a reason. Check the map, turns restrictions and make sure that all is OK on the route you want to take. If that's not the issue, then Waze genuinely thinks its way is quicker and you will need to drive it so that it can learn. Then you will start getting alternatives by pressing the routes button and see the time difference.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
As I said before, that's an auto generated nick by Waze. They probably haven't registered.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
You could've answered your own question much quicker by going on the wiki or asking a question on the support page FYI.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Nothing is stored on your phone, everything is on some Waze-server.

You can see your drives when you open the editor on the waze-website (www.waze.com in the US and Canada, world.waze.com everywhere else). Click the "My Drives"-tab.

Currently you can not get any statistics on your drives. I wonder what you want to use those for - if one route is faster than the others this route will be your preferred route for this moment. Waze routing adjusts by the minute and there is - by design - no way to store one particular route. As of the "learn my preferred route"-option: it is misnamed and should be called "learn my destinations".
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by hohum3001
fvwazing wrote:Click the "My Drives"-tab.
I don't have a "My Drives" tab. I'm in Australia, so I'm in world.waze.com Is that the prob?
fvwazing wrote:Currently you can not get any statistics on your drives. I wonder what you want to use those for - if one route is faster than the others this route will be your preferred route for this moment. Waze routing adjusts by the minute and there is - by design - no way to store one particular route. As of the "learn my preferred route"-option: it is misnamed and should be called "learn my destinations".
(I've said this a few times actually, so I hope you guys don't roll your eyes at me laboring the point.) I drive the route I know, I don't blindly follow what waze tells me to do because it simply isn't practical. If waze told me to drive off a cliff I won't do that; similarly if it tells me to go a stupid way I won't do that either. What I'd love to know is my trip times so that I - ME - I - can see for myself and use my own brain to evaluate how long each way is taking historically. Maybe waze is the wrong app for that or I can use pen & paper, but I don't care enough to be bothered. My trips to and from work ALWAYS take between 30 and 45 minutes barring exceptions but I have about 3 different major ways that I (repeat I) choose to drive & I'd like to know which is fastest. I'd try Waze's fastest routes, but they rarely are for someone that knows their roads so that's a fail. So now I'm thinking waze might still be good for traffic avoidance and warnings on the routes I drive.

Anyway - who in the heck wouldn't be interested in historical data??? It's interesting! If waze doesn't have the resources or storage, then let the mobile app keep the data & give me a way to look at it on my computer.
hohum3001
Send a message

Post by hohum3001
I found it. & it had history. It was just buried. Here's what I did:

* click "Live Map" link
* click "Update Map" link
* click on "Drives" tab

whola. drives and trip times. Perfect :)
hohum3001
Send a message