How does waze work?

Post by adustduke
Hi all,

I am still new to this, and I was just wondering, how does waze work? :shock:
More specifically, if I drive around, then create a road using Cartouche. If I then drive on the road again does it correct the road, automatically put in junctions etc. How much is automated?

cheers
adustduke

POSTER_ID:125810

Send a message
Adustduke - HTC Hero - UK
Area Manager: Hexham --> Newcastle

Post by adustduke
Cheers naesstrom, that was helpful :D
adustduke
Send a message
Adustduke - HTC Hero - UK
Area Manager: Hexham --> Newcastle

Post by cobra
Hi naesstrom,

Would you mind? It would enhance the readability if you either used 'post reply' so that both your message and the message you are replying to are separate. Or use the 'quote' but don't modify the tags, adding your comments below (place your comments after the [/quote] entry.) Your posts seem to have both your message and the message you reply to in them.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
Hehe, no problem, just wasn't sure you knew... saw a few posts from people like this.
cobra
Send a message

Post by Elgirts
Ahh.. the dedication of wazing at work :) (I do it too)
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by Gasolgrill
Elgirts wrote:Ahh.. the dedication of wazing at work :) (I do it too)
Who doesn't? :twisted:
Gasolgrill
Send a message
//Anders
AM Göteborg, Härryda och lite till med Samsung S4 och Peugeot 308, Peugeot Vivacity eller Crescent Trekking.

Post by gibby71
hmmm... cartouche feature request... a boss button :D
gibby71
Send a message
Area Manager: Mchenry, Lake, and Cook County Illinois
Phone: iPhone

Post by naesstrom
Welcome to the adictive world of waze! :D
You seem to be on the right track there... When it comes to waze ability to correct tracks only by driving it mostly is driving directions and geometry, besides speed ofcourse!
For example, I've had a few intersections moving around to better fit the gps trails (for better or worse), one road that's 2-way but is mostly driven only in one direction was changed into a 1-way street suddenly :D

What I have seen is that it also to some limits can fix connectivity in intersections, but I don't think it will put out new ones. That have to be done manually in Cartouche! I might be wrong tough, but I'm pretty sure!
naesstrom
Send a message
Last edited by naesstrom on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by naesstrom
cobra wrote:Hi naesstrom,

Would you mind? It would enhance the readability if you either used 'post reply' so that both your message and the message you are replying to are separate. Or use the 'quote' but don't modify the tags, adding your comments below (place your comments after the [ /quote ] entry.) Your posts seem to have both your message and the message you reply to in them.
Crap, I didnt want to fill it with a quote so I copied the post there so I new what I was answering...

I'm familiar with the quoting system, and most of the other tags, and again my humble apologies, time was of the essence (my boss was walking in) so I just hit submit and tabbed to my official duties ;) and forgot to remove the original one!
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
My boss have a Iphone to but I've told everyone but him about it... if he knew how many hours at work I spend on editing roads or "hanging" in the forum I would get fired... well, it's worth the risk :D
naesstrom
Send a message