Don't be shy!

Post by hallmike
I'd like to encourage everyone to change the Waze settings on your phone to not be anonymous. I like to click on people when they pop up on my map when driving, but it seems everyone is anonymous. It would be more fun and help build the community if you showed your user name.
hallmike

POSTER_ID:102476

Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by catcat
Is it wrong to waze as a passenger? Or to drive up and down streets to get a good gps read? I feel these things are acceptable, nay, desired.

I've found a lot of people show up as anonymous when I first click on them, but if I click again in a few seconds it shows their details...maybe the system takes a while to load them?
catcat
Send a message
Still learning, please be gentle!
wazing from Victoria, Australia.
Area Manager: Ballarat and the Western Fwy corridor

Post by chaser4life
Just changed mine to not be anonymous.

I'm not a wazeaholic. Really, I'm not. I can quit anytime.
chaser4life
Send a message

Post by Elgirts
Elgirts here! - I refuse to be Anonymous! I'm a wazeahoilic, and I am damn proud to be one :twisted:
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by grebble
Definitely not wrong to Waze as a passenger. It's easier and safer to report incidents or speed traps rather than trying to poke small icons on your phone whilst driving at speed. And to drive up and down streets to get a good GPS feed - well that improves the accuracy, and I don't see anything wrong with that either. :)

I haven't been using Waze for long, but I use it every time I go out in the car now, whether driving or as a passenger, and I don't have my profile set to Anonymous! 8-)
grebble
Send a message
Area manager: East Northants, West Cambs and Peterborough, UK
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0.4), Waze v3.0.2.8

Post by hallmike
I think because 'anonymous' is the default, a lot of users never change it because they don't know it's there.
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by naesstrom
QuickOK wrote:Hello, my name is QuickOK and I'm a Wazeaholic...
*Claps at QuickOK* Welcome Welcome QuickOK... good you are joining us for tonights meeting... step 1 is always acknowledging that you really have a addiction.
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
Hello, my name is QuickOK and I'm a Wazeaholic...
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
* breaks down and cries (under his hoodie pretending to sniff) *
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
hallmike wrote:I think because 'anonymous' is the default, a lot of users never change it because they don't know it's there.
That, and the Big Brother syndrome...
QuickOK
Send a message