Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

All speed cameras in Los Angeles are inactive

Post by czyzczyz
Speed cameras in the city of Los Angeles were shut down July 31, 2011.

I suppose it's possible at some point that the city will change their mind and re-activate the cameras, so I have not been clicking the 'not there' button whenever Waze warns me of an upcoming camera --I'm tempted but I don't want to remove technically accurate though useless data.

Is it possible for Waze to just disable all speed camera warnings within the city of LA? No driver needs to be warned of cameras that are powered down.

Thanks.

reference:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/2 ... 11577.html
czyzczyz

POSTER_ID:8056037

Send a message

Post by czyzczyz
Los Angeles County is much larger than the city of LA. The cameras within the city are inactive, I guess elsewhere in the county cameras may be on.
czyzczyz
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I've seen this article quoted numerous times, however there's one relevant paragraph:
Some cameras operated by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority will remain along bus and rail routes. There also are more than 30 other camera enforcement programs operating in other cities and venues within Los Angeles County.
So the next question would be: have you been to any of these RLC locations as indicated by Waze that you can confirm don't have the red light camera? The thing to do would be to indicate any such place with an Update Request, and then a CM can remove the RLC from the map.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message