My father bought a tablet running ICS 4.0 a couple of days ago for testing purposes, it was affordable and reliable for what you are paying for.
One of the main reasons of getting a Tablet for him, was to the Waze App usage while he's driving. We already test a couple of apps, but for some reason I can't get Waze to work properly on his tablet.
According to Waze requirments, you must have:
- A Data connection [Being provided via hotspot, through a cellphone]
- GPS receiver [already included in the Tablet]
+ Tablet Details > http://iviewus.com/product_detail.php?id=216&pid=142
According to my research, I should be able to run Waze without problems on the tablet. But here is the thing:
I am able to download and install the application without any issues, but the problems comes out when you have to launch the app as it returns with the following error message:
"Waze can't access your SD card. Make sure it isn't mounted"
- Originally the Tablet was working without a MicroSD, so I get one for testing
- Test a MicroSD of 16GB class 10, from a working device with Waze [It fails]
- Test a MicroSD of 256MB class 4 [It fails]
- I thought that it could be related to a corruption or mismatch of info between the different devices, so I format the MicroSD's but the same thing happens.
- I tested every MicroSD on differents formats [fat32,fat16,ntfs, format from Tablet/Smarthones], but still failing
- At the end, the tablet was format included the MicroSD [still failing ]
Do you know if I'm missing something?
Do I have to get another MicroSD with differents specs?
Does Waze requires a MicroSD in order to work or my Tablet is not compatible?
Any idea or suggestion to resolve my problem, will be really appreciated.