Cops using WAZE!!

Post by FTBoomer
So I'm driving home to Tampa from a trip to Miami and like always I see other Wazers icons along the road. Only this time this one in particular Wazer is on the road but not moving. I tap his icon and it shows a speed of 0mph.

As I'm approaching the spot where the wazer icon is, I see a Florida Highway Patrol vehicle sitting on the side of the road. As I slide past him, I pull up the Report tab and drop a Police pin right on top of his ass. Perfect hit of the police icon laying right on top of his Waze icon.

All I can figure is that a few smart and crafty cops with Waze installed have started making their jobs a little easier by watching for approaching Wazers icons and tapping them to check their speeds.

So here's a little warning for travelers who see fellow Wazers icons at a standstill. BEWARE, they may be cops.

You've been warned!!
FTBoomer

POSTER_ID:5647

Send a message
https://www.ssbn640.com/neowinsig.jpg
Area Manager - Florida
iPhone 4

Post by Elgirts
I'm all for Police using Waze. At least I would know that the reported speed traps would be accurate. :lol:

I read an interesting article regarding cops using "Trapster". They would set up their speed trap then pinpoint themselves in trapster. Their logic is that if they can get you to slow down regardless of the method, then they have created a safer road. In that same spirit, I believe that a cop using Waze would have better versatility. They could even in some cases use it to locate traffic incidents quicker with more accuracy based on what a user reports.

For example: An accident occurs. You flag it, and report it to local authorities. Before that officer gets the dispatch, he may see it appear on his waze first, and start moving in that direction thus saving a bit of travel time. Also his chances of finding it are easier instead of trying to decipher what dispatch relays to him.

Just don't let them catch you texting while driving. :shock:
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by hallmike
interesting. Now that he knows you pinned him, he'll be following you everywhere waiting for you to mess up! ;)
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by QuickOK
Waze doesn't give actually speeds unless you are using the Web map. In the waze client, my experience is that it says over 40 mph or 25mph or less... something to that effect.

Example, the police departments are also using Trapster(.com) in hopes of slowing people down too.
Trapster is a community of motorists who mark known enforcement points, checkpoints and live police traps, etc... also other road incidents and reports. I run both simultaneously on my JB iPhone 3GS. Heh, forgets double space doesn't insert a period on the computer :lol:
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by treeboy
Cops are people too! So I've been told.
treeboy
Send a message
Area Manager: Fort Bragg and Ukiah, California
Carrier: USCC Motorola Electrify
Android whatever come before ICS
Waze 3.0.0.0