Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by mitchejj
sketch wrote:I like your style! :D

Not only do we have the same car, we also have the same phone and the same car mount. I can't remember who makes my car charger, I think it's Griffin, but it has a neat lit ring on it that shows red, orange, or green depending on charge status. I'm using the car's built-in Bluetooth for voice calls and a standard 3.5mm cable for audio into the car's Aux-IN port.
I was using the Aux-IN port via the 3.5mm cable however from time to time I would get way to much static when the I had the phone charging... I had one of those value chargers, so I upgraded in hopes that was the problem, I also upgraded the 3.5mm cable... and bought ferrite clips for the cables... I considered a few other options but in the end the Jabra BT3030 was a great fit... I could also use it in the gym and keep my phone safe in a locker.

BTW love the charger status light...
mitchejj
Send a message
Wiki all knowledge!
Metro Detroit Area Manger servicing central Macomb County

Post by mitchejj
sketch wrote: Ah yes, the dreaded ground loop. I don't know if it's the new charger, the arrangement of the cables, or the car, but with my new charger I've never gotten this interference. For what it's worth, I ran Waze on a family trip in my mother's CX-9, and there was quite a lot of interference.

That BT3030 sounds very cool -- having one less cable to plug in is always welcome, but I'm worried that calls through it wouldn't work out too nicely. The iPhone doesn't accept more than one handsfree at a time, does it?

Also, I think I remember you saying you had your windshield mount in that little front side window? I think I tried that and found the phone a bit too far away, but I might give it another shot.

And, yeah, the charge status is cool, but having Waze running all the time, all I ever see is orange :roll:
The interference occurred nearly every time I hit a bump, and in Michigan... well that happens ALOT.

I thought the iPhone only accepts on headset as well, but I often look at the bluetooth settings and see both connected... the issue is you never know where the call will go (iPhone, Prius, BT3030) so you need to adjust your audio source... not all that ideal.

And yes that side mount is a distance it kind of works for me, just the right spot for a quick glance, it took a few weeks to become accustomed to the set up.
mitchejj
Send a message
Wiki all knowledge!
Metro Detroit Area Manger servicing central Macomb County

Post by monosodium
2009 Fiesta
Built in bluetooth
HTC Jade (Touch 3G) / WM6.1 / 8Gb flash
monosodium
Send a message
m o n o s o d i u m
Former area manager North/East London plus Weymouth & Portland | HTC Radar | Windows Phone 7.8

Post by muchski
Sony Ericsson X10 from Rogers
Windshield mount
2003 Corolla S - Midnight Blue

I LOVE WAZE! Just wish it would hit critical mass in my area!!!
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by muchski
jonprivate wrote:
muchski wrote: I LOVE WAZE! Just wish it would hit critical mass in my area!!!
Is that anything like going to church????
Haha I meant critical mass, as in hitting the critical point where Waze was consistently reliable and useful as source of driving info. It is patchy because the user base isn't quite there yet. But it seems to be pickign up momentum quite quickly! Want it to hit the point where I see 20 wazers in my town at most time of days. Often I am the lone traveller but I hope other people get excited to see someone else in Winnipeg, so I try to use it ANYTIME I drive. Even 5 min trips lol!
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by mwiorek
1999 Mercedes Benz E240 T
iPhone 3GS jailbroken
Navigon Car Kit iPhone cradle
Belkin USB charger
Pioneer DEH-8100BT car stereo with bluetooth

-It's unbeatable! ;)
mwiorek
Send a message

Post by Paff_92
- 2001 BMW 330d
- Bluetooth FM transmitter Tunelink auto (very very good stuff to play music or others sounds from your device if you don't have an auxiliary input in your car)
- Iphone 4 with some basic car mount (windsreen or car vents if too much sun)

@wisedraco :
Why keeping a car ? Just one reason : safety.
Everyday in my city, there are moto or scooter accidents :?
Paff_92
Send a message
iPhone 4 / iOS v6.1.3 / Waze v3.7.2

Post by paulk
Ah yes, the dreaded ground loop. I don't know if it's the new charger, the arrangement of the cables, or the car, but with my new charger I've never gotten this interference. For what it's worth, I ran Waze on a family trip in my mother's CX-9, and there was quite a lot of interference.
I have a 2007 Yaris that's been plagued by this when my iPhone's plugged in the the car's Aux jack and the charger's in use. As I've just discovered Waze, I had more incentive to find a solution so I can keep the charger plugged in. Picked up a "ground loop isolator" from Radio Shack, and the buzz is gone! :-)

I also discovered that Griffin offers something similar with a tidier cable setup. http://www.griffintechnology.com/produc ... udio-cable (My Radio Shack one is RCA plugs connected to adapters)

I'm also currently using this Belkin bracket/charger:
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductP ... _Id=492842
paulk
Send a message

Post by paulk
Wow, thanks for the tip on the TSB! Not under warranty anymore, but it's worth checking into. :-)
paulk
Send a message

Post by radiolibreoficielbonneroute
question 1 est que waze ne aimerais pas plus évoluer et google map aussi une sujet est que en roulent les utilisateur de waze en on pas ralebole de tout le temps utilisée leur main et doit pour signaler . car en 1 qa nous déconcentrée quand on roule on peut provoquer des accident et dévier la route . je pence qu'il peut avoir un système pour ne plus utiliser les main pour signaler quand on utilise waze même Apple iPhone ne fait pas évoluer pour sont GPS lol mdrr j'ai une idée mai je veux en parler en priver avec les modérateur et les boss de waze je donnerais mon email quand se seras le moment merci d'avance . cher utilisateur de waze si demain ou dans quelle que jours ou moi vous utilisée votre smartphone et utiliser waze que vous devez plus ni utilisée ni vos main ni doit sa vous dit . et c'est pour sa que waze par foie je le nome naze car il a des ti bug flagrand j'ai signaler sur ma page sur twitter radiolibre1971 waze a 5 min de cher moi me fait prendre une route un ti chemin qui arrive en plein chanps lol entre liège et cher moi waze avais calculer un certain temps j'ai fait exprès touné autour de un rompoint il a pris plus 15 min de plus a près pour continuer la route j'ai ratraper le temps et subitement a 5 min de cher moi il décide de prendre un chemin plein de terre donc lui est interdi et me suis près que trouver bloquer en plein champs lol mdrrr :D ;) :o 8-) :oops: :!: :?: :ugeek: :geek:
radiolibreoficielbonneroute
Send a message